Tiffany Cana…, Real Estate Pro in 80906

When you're buying a home, what's the first most important detail you look for? And you can't pick location... Is it updated kitchen?

Asked by Tiffany Canady, 80906 Wed Oct 23, 2013

New flooring?..

Answers

13
If the buyer is 55, single level living.
If the buyer is 25, a safety net should the buyers economy change.
-
If the buyer risk aware, get the best value.
If the buyer is riisk oblibious, get the newest mechanics and condition and newest, newest, newest.
-
If the buyer is entertaiment central, a contemporary floor plan.
If the buyer is a recluse, that 1923 Elisabeathan might do just fine with the high fences and not rear neighbors.
-
Got kids...
is there a culinary artist in the house....
Lot's of visiting family....
Long term stay family...
Parents soon to stay with family....
---
Having no parmeters to work with, I would say the home that makes you smile everytime you pull into the driveway.
haha! Well you make me smile with all the scenarios Annette! All very real, and very true! :) I kinda agree, so many people have to have certain things.. however, it seems lately that more and more of my buyers go on a feeling... does it feel like home?! I think sometimes, it's just that "extra" something that smacks you between the eyes and makes you want to make the moves to make the home yours!! Good luck in all your dealings Annette! Thank you for your input.
Flag Wed Oct 23, 2013
I liked Annette Lawrence answers! :D

When I pick a home after location, I'm looking at floor plan and overall value of the home compared to the others in that price range. Since my husband is not a do it yourself kind of guy nor do I have the time, the more updated the better and I'm willing to pay more for that. If the home has an odd floor plan, that will not work for me, it should flow nicely throughout the home.

If it needs new carpet, lighting, paint or appliances, I'm willing to do that on my own.

Good luck to you!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 1, 2014
the bones of the home, if it has good bones and you have an imagination the rest doesn't matter
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 5, 2013
Hi Tiffany, The first and most important detail for me as your Real Estate Agent would be, what price range have these clients been pre-qualified buy. If I am the buyer, the first and most important detail to consider would be which lender will give me the best rate and ensure that the payments I will be making every month are comfortable for me. Second, which Real Estate Agent will give me the best service and keep my interests even before his or hers. Please let me know if I can help you with these details. Warm Regards, Mark Sulcer, Equity Colorado Real Estate (719-330-4342)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 23, 2013
Since women make over 90% of the home buying decisions, It would depend on her taste and what she likes. After showing homes for one day I can narrow down homes to show that would fit her liking. She might want a large updated kitchen or a large master bedroom with a walk-in closet and 5 piece bath. It could be that she wants a ranch style or an open floor plan or any of the combinations above. I would think first would be condition of the home.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 23, 2013
There are always a lot of variables... overall condition of the home is definitely a factor! Thanks for your input!
Flag Wed Oct 23, 2013
Age of mechanicals - a/c, roof, hot water tank, etc.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Re/Max Palm Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 23, 2013
Great! Thanks Tammy! I agree, I always make sure to mention these key factors as well. If these items are not properly cared for, it could lead to an expensive headache for the buyer. Thanks for your input!
Flag Wed Oct 23, 2013
Condition of home.

Chuck Birger

Birger and Birger
719-761-3099
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 23, 2013
So far Chuck, CONDITION of the home seems to take priority in the home buying process. Thanks for your input!
Flag Wed Oct 23, 2013
Condition.

Leigh-Jo
Syan Real Estate
Call/Text: (505) 730-8181
New Mexico Real Estate: http://www.syan.com
Web Reference: http://www.Syan.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 23, 2013
Thanks for your input Leigh-Jo! Condition seems to be ranking high in the decision process!
Flag Wed Oct 23, 2013
I'll just speak for myself - not for buyers I work with since everyone has their own list. For me #1 is charm. Gotta have it. I also look for houses that have been owned by one family for a very long time and not updated - getting harder to find for sure. My first house had been in one family since 1865 and my 2nd and 3rd had been in the sellers' family since the 1920s. I've bought three very charming houses and **loved** them all to this day.
To me, it's the overall floor plan of the home. As has been stated, you can always upgrade the components that make up the home, but it's much harder to change into a floor plan that you and your family can be happy with.
Based on your question, it sounds like you are looking for something more specific to answer your question. There are a million scenarios and a million different answers but the kitchen is always the biggest selling point since most women drive the final decision on a home so if you are looking for a specific room, that would be it! If you want something a little more general, I would say the overall floor plan of the home should be at the top of the list! You can always change the condition of the home and it's upgrades, but it is a whole lot harder to move walls!
Tiffany,
This is a great question! It's fun to see all of the different responses. I'm going to go a little against the grain here and not say condition. The most important thing I look for is if it fits my specific needs better than any other home. The first home my wife and I bought was in horrible condition, but we knew ahead of time it had the potential to fit our needs perfectly... and it has.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 24, 2013
In my opinion, condition of the home is at the top of the list of important factors,
Another important factor, though, is the layout of the house as well as room (i.e., number of bedrooms) and space. Of course everyone has their individual preference, but a house with a floor plan that 'flows' well is highly desired. Buyers typically have a list of necessities in what they want, and a list of 'nice things'.