Karen, Home Buyer in Lindenhurst, NY

When we bought our home the sellers had their home in a living trust (for example,it was the estate of the?

Asked by Karen, Lindenhurst, NY Thu Oct 2, 2008

jones'). We were told that because of this they did not have to pay NY home disclosure or fill out the form. Is that true that if it's an estate they don't have to pay the new owners the $500 or fill out the form?

The disclosure form has questions about the condition of the home and property. If the homeowner is deceased (estate) they cannot fill out the form.

Your attorney will be able to confirm this for you.
Suggest that your contact your attorney immediately. Any time you are dealing with trust work of any kind contact your attuorney and have him/her settle the matter at hand. Don't do this type of stuff on your own.
I would call the Real Estate Attorney who handled the transaction for you, and they can explain it better and tell you what should be done.
If you, please feel free to email me and I will recommend the Real Estate atty to help you.
Good Luck.