aandesn, Home Buyer in Indianapolis, IN

When tree linb goes on your roof, knock off shinges of your house from nigbors tree ,Who cut the tree?

Asked by aandesn, Indianapolis, IN Tue Jun 17, 2014

Tree grooes over perpeoty line

Answers

4
When a tree or other vegetation intrudes on another's property, the property owner has the right under NY state law to prune the intrusion back to the property line. The one doing the pruning has no right to enter the tree owner's property without permission.
When a tree falls on your home there are possible scenarios that follow. If that tree is on the neighbors property and is dead, your neighbors insurance is required to pay for your repairs due to negligence on the part of that neighbor's not having had the tree removed.

If the tree is live and it falls on your home, then your homeowner's insurance will have to pay for repairs (depending on the cost of repairs and you turn it in to them) because in this case it is considered "an act of God." Just went through this with our neighbors home a couple of months ago.

Hope this helps.
If my tree damages my neighbors property ( In California) I am responsible for taking care of the problem.
whoever owns the tree or those in danger of losing shingles.
I often trim the branches since it will weaken or affect my roof....
Flag Fri Jun 27, 2014
Flag Fri Jun 27, 2014