Question Details

beautifulsun…, Home Buyer in Hopkins, MN

When the listing agent says/list "newly installed appliances" what does that mean? Does that mean they're new? how would you take it?

Asked by beautifulsunsetlife, Hopkins, MN Wed Mar 6, 2013

Answers

3
You are correct to read between the lines or into the hidden meaning. If they were NEW, the listing agent would be eager to state NEW... newly installed is very cryptic indeed- they could have replaced what was there last since these are in seemingly better shape, but still NOT NEW....
BATVA in the remarks means Buyers' Agent To Verify All for YOU , the buyer... The agent representing you should find out for you so you know what you are dealing with. No warranties, probably...
so you would take it as new as well too, correct? Well the first time, we looked at the house, I could have sworn i opened the fridge and it looked new.. but i can't remember for the life of me..and now that we have gone back to look at the house again, it's not new. The outside looks new, but the inside isn't it.. there's marks and maybe a crack..

we already have a closing date and signed the papers..just wating for the va appraisal to go through..
I would see it for myself:
Just because they are "new" does not mean that they are high quality.