Home Buying in Bowling Green>Question Details

Brittney Big…, Home Buyer in Bowling Green, KY

When should we start looking at houses if we don't plan to move till spring of 2014?

Asked by Brittney Biggs, Bowling Green, KY Sat Oct 13, 2012

Answers

7
Amanda and Jared Christiansen’s answer
You should probably start physically looking in early 2014. I would keep your eyes open to what is out there by viewing online, but there is no reason to inconvenience sellers, seller's agents, and buyer's agent today when you aren't close to being ready. My two cents. Good luck to you!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 14, 2012
If you don't have a place to sell beforehand then I would begin about a year from now. You can search online and I would recommend to meet with a lender to get pre-approved. Then I would meet with a realtor to get a comfort level and search until you find someone you are comfortable with. I would like that opportunity when you are ready. The benefit of the meeting would be to get to know what is important to you in your next home. This way I could do a better job of finding you just the right property to meet your needs. Please call me at (270) 792-3140 when you are ready to meet.

Jim Cummings
ERA Premier Realty Partners
cell # 270-792-3140
This would be like searching for a new 2014 car;
Who knows what will be available?
Who knows what the loans and interest rates will be like?
Who know where unemployment will be?

What you can do, is concentrate on YOU!
You cannot be too thin or too rich:
Get as much in Savings as you can.
Focus on getting your Credit Score above 800; the higher you go, the lower will be your Interest Rate.

As far as neighborhoods; go Garage Saleing Saturdays and look for things you like.

Good luck and may God bless
Brittney...
It would not hurt to pick a real estate agent you are comfortable with now and start to work with him/her . Make sure you let them know your timeline and that you're on a slow, steady pace. Ask for a recommendation of a good loan officer and start working with the one you select to get pre-approved. Your loan officer will give you a good timeline for doing that (you probably don't want to do it too early because things can change and you'll have to start all over again). Your real estate agent can set you up with a MLS search that will show you the types of houses you are looking for and the computer will send you options to review. That will help you narrow your search and identify what you really want in a home. Starting this far out is a good strategy. Best of luck in your home search...
Brittney,
I would start physically looking at homes about this time next year. I would highly recommend choosing an agent to represent you in your purchase. This doesn't cost you anything and you'll end up finding it a much easier and more enjoyable process. Also when you do find the right home, you have someone representing only you and not the seller also. You would also need to get pre approved through a local lender. If you don't have anyone in mind, your realtor can help you with that also. In the mean time look online and figure out what your must haves are. It should be an enjoyable and fun process. If you have any further questions I'd be happy to help.
Gary Wantland gary@wrhuntgroup.com
Weichert Realtors
You should begin looking for homes immediately. I mean actually get out there one way or another and go into the homes. Internet pictures and info can be very deceiving. There are a lot of great resources and new ways to view homes such as Internet, but one thing will never change and that is simply that you have got to physically view a home with your own eyes to see what it truly has to offer you and your family. So, congrats and i hope you find the home of your dreams.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
If you know you are not moving until spring 2014, I would wait until fall of 2013, meet with a lender and get pre-approved then begin your search. You can always look earlier online or through an agent to see what is available in your price point to get an idea of what type of home is available in the area in your price range. You can also use this time to gather more information on local schools,etc.
get pre approved and if you know a date like march i have a home for sale that i would work something out with you if there was a guarantee of buying somehow in bowling green email me at crbridges41101@yahoo.com for details im trying to relocate and sell my house i will be moving out in january
Flag Thu Oct 31, 2013