Home Buying in Reno>Question Details

yhnvus, Home Buyer in Reno, NV

When should the seller move out?

Asked by yhnvus, Reno, NV Tue Oct 2, 2012

we can close the house three weeks before the closing deadline given by bank. does that mean the seller can stay in the house till the closing deadline and we have to pay for the time during their stay? thanks!

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Reno

Answers

3
What does your Realtor say? That's what they are there for.
thanks! My agent told me to pay for their three-week stay..
Flag Wed Oct 3, 2012
The key is WHAT YOUR contract STATES. Most sellers moving on or before closing date. i can tell you If i was a buyer, I would not close on the home until the seller is out and i walked through teh home to check it's condition, especially if it is a short sale. You need to check with yoru agent and have them guide you. if you are buying without an agent, you may want to seek the advice of a local attorney to review your contract.
Any time before close of escrow, unless otherwise stated in the contract. The deal can close early if all parties agree to the new close date, if not, then they can stay until the date on the contract.