Wayne, Home Buyer in North Charleston, SC

When searching for homes,condos,apt etc.... How do I keep from getting time shares in my searches.?

Asked by Wayne, North Charleston, SC Sat Dec 22, 2012

Don't want time shares in my search

Answers

3
It is likely how Trulia and the multiple listing service communicate. As a buyer you can contact the listing agent and let them know what you are seeing and ask them to contact their MLS provider to see if they can assist. It might also be due to the agent not categorizing the property correctly. Wish there was one answer but there are too may variables at work here. When in doubt contact a Realtor for the most accurate information.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 23, 2012
Ask a Realtor to set you up as a "Prospect" and use the ownership parameters you desire. You can add price and number of bedrooms and much more. You will receive updates of all new homes on the market automatically.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 22, 2012
When agents put in the information, they should specify if it is a time share. If they don't it will show
as the type of property and the smaller print will be note that it is a fractional ownership. Some websites offer more specific detailed searches and you may be able rule time shares on those sites.
Usually you can tell based on a price if it seems too low for the neighborhood, there is likely a reason.

I can put you in a detailed search if you would like me too. Email me your criteria and I can send you the lisings. Let me know how I can further assist.
Laurie Loparo, ABR, GRI, SFR
Realtor, Carolina One Real Estate
laurieloparo@gmail.com
843-442-1290