Home Buying in Cerritos>Question Details

julia tkmk09, Real Estate Pro in New York, NY

When is the best time to buy a home in Cerritos?

Asked by julia tkmk09, New York, NY Sun Sep 29, 2013

I'm looking to buy in the Cerritos High school district (near very good elementary schools) but it doesn't appear that there are too many listings near my price point. 3-4 BRs; 2-3 Baths; around 2,400 sq ft.; sub-$800,000. Are there more listings in the spring?

Answers

5
The best time would be when you and your family are ready. Life events sometimes happen suddenly and we have no control of them. The right time would be now if you see most homes during fall are on the market longer, less competition, less demand and stagnate supply can drop prices or the owner will likely give incentives due to the law of supply and demand. Typically there is more listings in the warmer months but that attracts more home buyers as well.

You mentioned the Cerritos High School district. Did you mean Cerritos high school map area or the ABC district which consist of Gahr, Cerritos, Artesia and Whitney high schools? There are homes in the city that fit your criteria. I would like to help you the best way possible I will need to ask just a few more questions. Please feel free to contact me. Check on my profile and you can view more contact info there as well.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 30, 2013
The best time to buy is when you can qualify and you can pay less of a mortgage than rent. You have Nothing to Lose and EQUITY to GAIN.

You will need to be pre-approved to be able to meet an agent to submit offers on homes of your choice. You will need to gather documentation such as one month paystubs, two month bank statements, last two year tax returns, 1040's, 1099's, W2's and all schedules, copies of drivers license/ID and social security card for each applicant.

Your qualifications will be determined by your credit profile, debt to income ratios, fico scores, loan program and how much you want to invest into the down payment and closing costs. Your fico scores can be raised within 3-4 days in most cases to qualify for programs, rates and terms as necessary.

You may qualify for 5% down Jumbo up to 1.5 million from a minimum 720 fico score or 10% down from a minimum 680 fico.

It only takes a few dozen questions to qualify, go over your options and email you listings to study and consider. Here are some links to study about me as well as web reference links to many loan programs...

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran & VA or CalVet loan specialist
REO & Short Sale Specialist
Credit Repair At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
24+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
760-486-4225
9am till 5pm by phone Monday thru Saturday, Sundays by appt., EMAIL ANYTIME 24/7
Under640FicoScoreLoans@gmail.com or HomeLoans4U@live.com
http://youtu.be/MrygA2_8fAY
http://www.trulia.com/profile/SherylArndt
The best time to buy would be now, while interest rates are still very favorable. Sure, there might be some more homes on the market in the Spring, but the Cost of Money might very well be more expensive & if you plan to own for at least 5-8yrs after your home purchase this can mean Thousands of dollars saved when you're looking at 4.75% vs. 5.75%, for example.

Plus you can also take advantage of those certain home sellers who just HAVE to sell, even though we're heading into the Holidays. This coupled with lower rates is a win/win situation for you, if you play it right.

If I can talk to you & narrow down certain neighborhoods that you like, I have a better chance of finding you a home that may not even be ON the market.

Please shoot me an email directly or give me a call, I don't look back on this same Trulia thread for Answers or Replies, after mine.

Emily S. Knell
EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Realty ONE Group
There is no definitive answer to this. It is always just a situational thing. If you are ready to buy then the time is now. Your real estate agent would be the most helpful with this question. Do you have one? Also, have you been pre-approved for a purchase loan? These are the first two steps in the homebuying process

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com

408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com
I think the "best time" varies with each situation. If your family is ready to go, then now is a great time.

Historically there are more homes to choose from in the spring. That said, this spring the inventory in our market was LOW. Buyers were having a hard time getting offers accepted.

I really like what Mark has to say as well. I'd give him a call and discuss with him! Good luck!