Jph, Home Buyer in 11385

When getting a termite inspection for an FHA loan, how long are results of the inspection good for if closing is delayed?

Asked by Jph, 11385 Sun Dec 20, 2009

I had a termite inspection done on a home I am going to purchase that showed no evidence of termites. The inspection was made on the 30th of Sept. My closing date has been delayed as I wait for the seller to acquire needed documents. How long are these inspection results good for? My understanding is that FHA requires the inspection.

Answers

3
Joeleone’s answer
Actually you are both wrong a termite inspection is only good for 30 days and yes it is most definetly required to have a termite inspection for a FHA loan i just bought a house with an FHA loan and they required it. I bought the house in dec. 2010 and just had an infestation in april 2011. The termite inspection was done on 10/24/10 and called the Real Estate agent and then the inspector was liable for the damages done to my home and spraying the entire perimeter
I don't believe FHA requires a termite inspection anymore. A clean letter is only required if the appraiser see something and notes that there could be evidence of termites. In NC, termite letters are good for 30 days.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 20, 2009
unless your closing is delayed like a year - I'm pretty sure you're okay for quite sometime. Check with your loan officer.
Web Reference: http://tommcgiveron.com