Home Buying in Littleton>Question Details

Voices Member,  in

When do you search online on Craigslist to find a home?

Asked by Voices Member, Fri Apr 1, 2011

If you are looking to buy a home, when do you search online to find the ones you want to look at? Specifically, do you search on Craigslist, and if you do, do you look in the morning or the afternoon? If it's Friday, do you look in the morning or during lunch to find a few you can drive by on your way home? Or do you wait until after work to search for ones you plan to look at over the weekend?

Answers

5
If you have a professional agent, let them take care of all homeowners that really do want to sell. Craigslist is just an "extra" place to advertise but can have some for sale by owner properties...
Member,

I would say 'all of the above'. Craigslist is such a major vehicle for searching for homes to rent or purchase that with the sometimes hectic and varied lifestyles of Denver residents someone is looking all of the time. As far as best times I would say Friday night to Saturday morning is one of the best times of the most traffic.

Be sure and monitor your home listings, refresh them, and watch for scam 'clone' listings where crooks are using your information to bilk money out of unsuspecting buyers. I have seen vacant listings where scammers went in and held open houses on the weekend and on the 1st of the month several moving vans pulled up to move in. All had given substantial 1st and last month rents and deposits to scam artists who represented that they owned or managed the property. Hope that helps.

Robert McGuire ASR
Realtor/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
http://about.me/robertmcguire33
Craiglist will only post a very small number of available homes. Most posts on CL are designed to get you to the listing agent's web site, or generate calls or emails for the listing agent. If you are sincerely looking for a home, contact an experienced real estate agent who can walk you through all of the necessary searches using your criteria and guide you through the home buying process.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 28, 2012
Andrew,

I think you are looking to run ads yourself? If so this should help.
Hi Andrew -- you can search on Craiglist, but a much more efficient way is to search from realtor.com. It's the largest real estate website in the country. I don't think you have to register, but it do and prefer not to be contacted by a realtor, visit remax.com.

Also, Craig's List will not most of the listings on the other two websites, as it is a separate place to advertise. Lots of for sale by owners, etc.

Let me know if I can help further. Julie Montgomery, RE/MAX Masters, Inc., Littleton, CO