Home Buying in Los Angeles>Question Details

Udokier, Home Buyer in Los Alamitos, CA

When did housing prices peak in California?

Asked by Udokier, Los Alamitos, CA Mon Sep 14, 2009

I googled this question and came up with several answers. Was it 2005 or 2006 just before the bubble burst? Or began its rapid deflation.

Answers

5
It depends on where you live. While 2005 was "the peak" in THIS CYCLE in many areas, certain areas continued to hold steady or even climb until 2006. You need to look at the data for your county, and your city, and even for specific neighborhoods. Remember that every cycle, roughly 10 years, has its own peak, but in general, historically, real estate has always increased in value.

Debbie Bremner
The Bremner Group at Coldwell Banker
Realtor for 33 years
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 14, 2009
Udokier,

I just went there myself, so there shouldn't be anything wrong. Try Googling "Dataquick Real Estate" and then follow those links. Perhaps that will get you around the Firewall issue.

Rob Spinosa
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 14, 2009
Udokier,

A great resource for this information is http://www.dqnews.com. I am an optimist, however. I think our peak years are still ahead. :-)

You know more than you think,

Rob Spinosa
rspinosa@rpm-mtg.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 14, 2009
Thanks for your help Rob.
Rob that link takes you to a page that says "Firewall Application Alert". I hope it's not malicious.