Home Buying in Redlands>Question Details

First Time H…, Home Owner in Redlands, CA

When are we suppose to see the disclosure list on the property that we are buying?

Asked by First Time Home Owner, Redlands, CA Wed Jan 25, 2012

We have been in escrow since 1/9/2012 and we have not seen a disclosure list. Yet, tonight at our meeting to do the list of repair on the home we are planning to buy. I mentioned to our agent and her broker why they hadn't told us that the seller was also an agent on this property. Our agent said it's in the disclosure list, but we haven't seen any disclosure list. I wonder what other surprises are we going to get when we finally see this list.

Answers

10
Per your contract, RPA, you should have the disclosures within 7 days. In Ca we dont always have the disclosures prior to an offer being made, but the contract does give you a time frame of 17 days after acceptance to do your due diligence and review all seller disclsoures. You really need to express your concerns with your agent and get the the bottom of what is going on. It may be an oversight on her side but she will not know of your worry if you dont advise her. I hope you are able to work this out. Good luck to you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 26, 2012
Worried,

Different states have different guidelines but it woul be fair to assume that "sellers property disclosure" information should be viewed prior to making an offer. If this cannot be the case, any offer should be written with review and acceptance of this important document as a contingency.

We would recommend reviewing your document to determine what is included relative to this issue.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 26, 2012
You do need to share your concern with not having the disclosures from the sellers yet. I do not see a reason why your agent would withhold that from you. In addition, it (disclosures)need to be signed by you and returned to the sellers agent/broker for their files. Ask your agent if they in fact do have the disclosures and when can you meet to go over the paperwork. If they say they do not have them yet, request they call the other agent/broker to obtain them asap. These are important facts about the home you are buying & you need to make sure if there are any issues, you are ok with it.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 25, 2012
According to the purchase contract you signed (your offer), it states the seller's have a certain amount of days to give you any disclosures, reports or material facts pertaining to the property. Usually it is within 7 days & you have 17 days to review, sign and return it to the seller. Date of acceptance (of offer) is when the time frames begin. Unless otherwise stated, such as in short sale advisories. Hope this helps you ! Good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 25, 2012
Ask for the disclosure asap.

I wouldn't let my buyer make an offer without reading the seller's disclosure first.
Certainly, that information should have been available prior to having a home inspection.

It's more relevant as to the condition of the home, rather than who the owner is.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 25, 2012
Hello everyone, just a quick note to up date everyone. We got the home and we are enjoying being first time home buyers. Could not have done it without the amazing support you gave us and a BIG SPECIAL thanks to our lender (Gregorio Denny) whom we met through here for his AMAZING ROLE in helping up close.
Fantastic !! Good luck to you & I hope this will be a positive experience for you. Take care !! Tina
Just to update everyone:

We got the list today.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.
Tina,

Our agent has the disclosure list, but she has not presented it to us. I didn't even know what that was until I look it up and then that's when I asked the question here. I am worried that because she wants another house under her belt that she might be blurring the line between being completely up front and sharing information a little at a time. We were not aware that this was something we should have seen before we even made an offer. We feel like we have been doing this on our own. We have done so much research on this house and found out all that we found out, on our own. I posted in other post how I went to the city and found that there were no permits on this property, yet it has a lot of work done etc. It's just looking like we should pull out. Too many red flags to mention here. Sad and hurt about how it has been going. But better realize now, than after we've been given the key.
Tina,

The funny thing is that I belief the seller disclose it but our agent hasn't given it to us. That worries me.