Marilyn Edwa…, Home Buyer in 68933

When a property has a prefix of "F," is it a foreclosure or short sale property?

Asked by Marilyn Edwards, 68933 Fri Feb 11, 2011

I've noticed that 95% of the 91351 listings below $60,000 have an "F" prefix. What does this "F" signify?

Hello Marilyn,

The "F" that you see on some listing numbers simply refers to the local Association of Realtors where that listing broker is a member. In this case, the "F" correlates to the Southland Regional Association of Realtors which is in the San Fernando and Santa Clarita Valleys. A true foreclosure will be called an REO or bank-owned listing. A Short Sale will simply state that the property is in a pre-foreclosure state. I hope this helps.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 11, 2011
If you are looking at the MLS number it means it is listed with a local broker. All Southland Regional Association of Realtor listings begin with an F. Other letters or no letters indicates a broker listing in another associations MLS.

I hope that clears this up for you!

Richard J. Allen
Absolute REO Properties, Inc.
661-252-2227 Direct
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 11, 2011
The answers below do answer the question that the "F" is in regards to the local association. When searching for a listing in Santa Clarita the F will signify you are dealing with a local agent that hopefully knows the area. The properties you are reviewing under $60K are manufactured homes most likely you are seeing them in the Canyon View estate tract. Please keep in mind that though those homes seem like a great price you do not own the land the land lease is any where around $700 to over $1000 a month.