Home Buying in Crestview>Question Details

Robert Meador, Renter in

When a home does not include items such as a stove, refrigerator, or a missing ac unit, is it possible to get those items worked into a home deal?

Asked by Robert Meador, Sun Oct 6, 2013

Answers

9
Everything is negotiable. You could ask for a small appliance allowance to at least cover the cost of some of the appliances when you write an offer. The seller doesn't have to accept though so be prepared to pay for them yourself if you really want the house.
I think that you might be able to make some sort of deal. You probably won't be able to get all of the appliances though. You might have to end up just buying these on your own though, so plan for that. http://www.allbrands-appliance.com/stove-repair/
It has to be possible. However, just like previously mentioned it seems unlikely. I would take those costs into effect when purchasing the home. It could be a really good benefit because you will get a chance to pick out your own brand new appliances. http://heathershousewares.com/store/products/precise-heat-5-…
It's definitely possible, but I wouldn't consider it to be likely. The buyers set the price of the home expecting to make that money. They generally wouldn't be too happy about getting a lower amount of money to compensate for buying appliances. I would suggest looking into the price of appliances as well as the price of the home. If you can't afford both, then you most likely need to look somewhere else.
http://www.aplusappliancedenver.com
Yes, it is possible. I have seen a few cases when it hasn't been the best option, though. One time the refrigerator broke down just a few months after buying the house. The repairs almost cost the same as buying a new refrigerator! So just make sure you know what you're getting.
Sure it is, I've even gotten a bank to buy my first time home buyer a couple appliances. Not going to be easy, but it can be done,
They can be included in the offer and see what the seller counters. You can also consider going for a 203K loan that will provide you the extra money to buy appliances and make minor repairs to the property. Was this answer helpful? If so please click on "best answer" or on the "green thumbs up".

Tony Vega
Antonelli Realty
The first answer is correct. It depends upon who the seller is. However, there are ways of including the items needed to furnish the house into the loan agreement. You need to check with your finance people. Saying that, One way of looking at this type of financing is that you are essentially financing a frig for a 15-20 year period and that doesn't always make sense. Check with a professional Realtor, loan officer and consider all options.
Well, typically things like a stove, dishwasher, or ac unit (central, not window unit) - anything built in - remains with the house, but....if the above items are not in place......well - everything is negotiable, so anything is possible.

(refrigerators aren't always included)

One big exception might be if it is a short sale or a foreclosure - in that case - what you see may be what you get.

Best wishes....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 6, 2013