Home Buying in Montauk>Question Details

Thom, Home Buyer in Portland, OR

When I was a boy in the early 60s, my Uncle had a summer beach cottage near the light house on Montauk.?

Asked by Thom, Portland, OR Tue Aug 19, 2008

Today, are there any places left on the Island that offer beach or bay cottage values? I'm thinking in the 300-500k range.

Answers

7
We have many properties available and this year is a great time to purchase....

Please visit our website or stop bye our offices located at 20 Main Street in Southampton

We cover from West Hampton to Montauk!

best,

Jonathan Lerner
Managing Director - Engel Voelkers Southampton
http://www.engelvoelkers.com/southampton
There are railroad stations in Greenport, Southold, and Riverhead. You can get further info from http://www.mta.info.
Thank you all for your answers. The North Fork looks really interesting. Can you tell me what towns are closest to a LIRR station, and which station it might be?
Yes, there is a cottage complex, open from April to October, where you can rent the land and own the cottage for less then what you want to spend.
No question there are bay front values out there, particularly in this market but you are going to have to put the time in to locate what you want. If I were you I would try the north fork of the Island and work the Peconic Bay area with a local agent. At best this would be a long shot. A small condo on the south shore ocean front would be another very long shot but worth a tumble if you just want a place to throw your stuff.
To add a little more to your inquiry, I see you are from out of state and may be looking for a retirement type home. You may want try the North Fork of Long Island. It has farms and wineries and is a much more relaxing pace. You can find some reasonable homes in Rocky Point with views of Long Island Sound or further east. On the South Shore of Suffolk there are also some waterfront properties on canals. You can e-mail me at carol@carolbromm.com. I work on the South Shore in Bablon, or I can refer you to an agent if you are interested further east.
Yes there are cottages, small homes, and condo? Do you know where you would like to be on Long Island? There is a lot of waterfront here.