jclenhardt, Home Owner in Scottsdale, AZ

When I look at my home (not listed for sale or rent) it shows a photo from Google Maps that is the side of my house. Can I change this picture?

Asked by jclenhardt, Scottsdale, AZ Fri Dec 13, 2013

Google has the front of my house on its maps, but it's showing the side from another street.

Answers

6
Your home is automatically indexed by Trulia's system and uses Google street view to capture a photo.

Leigh-Jo
Syan Real Estate
Call/Text: (505) 730-8181
New Mexico Real Estate: http://www.syan.com/alerts
Web Reference: http://www.syan.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 14, 2013
No, you aren't able to make updates to the home listing on Trulia since this information is syndicated out from many different sources (such as Google maps).
Every homeowner needs to understand that images from Google Maps can be used to create fraudulent FOR Sale or FOR RENT ads. Trulila and Zillow will present deceptive ads showing a 'estimate' in the price field. AND...some aggregate websites will attach past images taken from real estate agents to further reveal details about the home.
-
HOW THIS IS GOOD FOR I HOMEOWNER IS BEYOND ME TO UNDERSTAND.
-
ALL home owners need to remove (blurr) the image of their home on goolge maps.
All home owners who are consider selling their home should instruct the agent to NOT ADVERTISE the home on the internet. ALL CONTROL OF THE HOMES DATA IS LOST,,, FOREVER.
-
Real buyers rely on the MLS or professionals websites for actionable real estate information.
Get your home off of google maps.
I had a client get his home removed from Goggle maps by following these steps posted on this link.
http://www.sileo.com/google-street-map-remove-house/
They may also have some pointers on how to get your image changed.
Though there is not much anyone can do except Google, this would be my first step. This should at least get you started... Good Luck!

Judy Blake -HomeSmart
judyblakerealestate.com
480-205-1515

FAQ

Permission Guidelines for Google Maps and Google Earth
Frequently Asked Questions

Technical support

How do I report an inaccuracy or request a change in Google Maps or imagery?

Please do not report these matters through the permissions process. In countries and regions where it is available, you may use the "Report a Problem" link at the bottom right of Google Maps for desktop. If your country is editable through Map Maker, you may make the changes yourself. If your concern relates to privacy in Street View, please visit the Street View site.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 13, 2013
Thank you... Trying Google now.
Flag Fri Dec 13, 2013
If this is a photo on a listing in MLS or Trulia, it should not be there if it was taken from GOOGLE.
Contact the listing agent to have the photo removed.