Yaniv Waknin, Real Estate Pro in Lakewood, NJ

When FEMA will publish the new flood zone maps? How fast it will change the homeowners insurance?

Asked by Yaniv Waknin, Lakewood, NJ Tue Aug 6, 2013

Answers

3
The FEMA flood maps for New Jersey are available in this link. You can plug in the address and find elevation requirements and flood zone ratings.

http://www.region2coastal.com/sandy/table

According to my insurance rep, rates already are increasing. There will be annual increases for 5 years and then, according to federal law, the flood insurance program must be self sufficient.
Fema has published the maps for Belmar...the are available online ...Fema flood maps....The home owners insurance has already changed if you had a policy renewal....It has gone up 20% to 30% ...Flood insurance depends on where u are located and in what zone...If you have elevated your home if it needs to be......Those rates are available on line also! I hope this has helped you ...

Rosemarie Villanova
Vail Realty
Asbury Park, NJ 07712
Cell 201-681-3536
Hi Yaniv,
The revised FEMA maps were published mid-June. If you contact me with your email and the area you are interested in, I can send you links to view the maps. Each insurance company will be revising as they get to it.

Susan McLaughlin
732-768-1068 Cell