New2re, Home Buyer in East Lansdowne, PA

Whats the likelihood of grieving ones property taxes & get them reduced after you just close & homes assessed value is 2x's greater

Asked by New2re, East Lansdowne, PA Thu Feb 9, 2012

purchase price?

Answers

4
Thank you everyone for your quick responses. I will try and see how successful I am pursuing this.
New2re, best to appeal, worst they can say is no. Be prepared to show comparable homes in your East Lansdowne neighborhood, evidencing you are paying far too much in property taxes compared to your neighbor. You may want to consult with a property tax reduction specialist Attorney in Media, or Philadelphia PA. I am sure if you Google what you are searching you will find attorneys that can assist you further.

Other clients of mine have been successful in both Delaware and Chester cty. reducing their taxes. Usually in the Fall is the time to do so, but verify with what ever professional you contact.

Best of Luck,

Rob Hughes: Long & Foster Real Estate Inc.
(Associate Broker) (AB065650)
(Hughes Associates) (Realtor since 1987)

Office: 610-225-7400 x7438

Cell# 484-410-9765 (Preferred)

http://WWW.DELVALREALESTATEOFPA.COM

http://WWW.ERICMAYMORTGAGE.COM
The answer to that varies locally. If you bought the home at an arm's length sale (not a REO or family sale), to my way of thinking, that would be a strong case for a reduction in assessment. I have had varying levels of success in getting taxes mitigated. It all depends upon how reasonable the assessors wish to be and how far you are willing to take it (ie - get a bulldog lawyer). But it costs nothing to take the first step and try. I'd go for it.
Unfortunately none of us can answer for the tax assessor's office, and none of us knows if the taxes will be reduced for sure; however you won't know until the grievance is filed....