Home Buying in Bagley>Question Details

kassem.m.alh…, Home Buyer in Detroit, MI

Whats the difference between summer and winter tax, if I'm not an american citizen or resident I still need to pay these taxes??

Asked by kassem.m.alhalabi, Detroit, MI Tue Jul 23, 2013

Answers

5
The summer taxes are the City taxes and the winter taxes are the County taxes. these are property taxes. If you own a property you owe the taxes. It doesn't matter if you're an American citizen or resident.

Good Luck,

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
586-709-8465
kpaytas@mirealsource.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 23, 2013
Jeremy Alexander, Agent, Detroit, MI
Summer(city) taxes are due July 1st , winter taxes(county) are due dec 1st. Whoever owns the property/land are responsible for them...!! Citizens or not...!!
Correct, if you own the land you have to pay propery taxes. If you don't pay the taxes the city can take your land for back taxes owed.
Great answer Karen. Also the summer taxes are the largest amount and in Detroit are issued July 1 of that year, I believe winter come out in Nov or Dec of that year.
Hello I would be happy to help you buy a house. Call me at 586 663-3433 penny Bradley