Loretta, Home Buyer in 34116

Whats the best place to live in Naples ? I have 4 kids and I would like to be close to the beach. My price would be 2m max. Schools would be a major.

Asked by Loretta, 34116 Thu Apr 26, 2012

Looking for year round some where that there are other kids. Any help would be great, Thanks

Answers

30
Call me for a private answer and consultation, no obligation. 239-825-6161
http://www.Realestatejoe.com
Hi Loretta,

There are lots of communities, but I would like to know more of the type of house you are looking for? To recommend a community when I don't know your likes and dislikes would not help you much. Give me a call on 239 825 6161 so we can chat!
Hi Loretta,

My name is Stephanie Bethea with Lahaina Realty, I have lived in Naples for 15 years and know the different communities well.

If you are looking for Gated Communities:

Monterey - Great family Community, Tennis, Fitness Center, Pool, only 3 miles to beach Homes on the market are listed between high 400's-900's

Quail Woods Estates - Exclusive Community of 62 Homes (I have family that lives here and their kids love it!) the homes available on the market are listed between 925K-1.6M

Vineyards - Large Community with Golf, Tennis, Park located within the community

Pelican Marsh - Large Community with several amenities including Golf and Tennis

Other Non-Gated Communities:

Livingston Woods - Central location between Pine Ridge Rd. and Orange Blossom Rd. off Livingston Rd. with most lots 2.5 Acres+ Homes available are ranging from 400's to over 2.8M

Park Shore - Close to Beaches, Shopping , Dining, and Downtown Naples Homes available ranging from 600's to over 5.4M

Pine Ridge - Over sized Lots with convenience to Waterside Shops, Beaches, Dining Homes available ranging from 450K-5.9M

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or if you would like to schedule showings to view properties in any of these areas. My cell phone is (239)603-5595 and email StephanieSWFL@gmail.com or you can visit my website http://www.StephanieBethea.com.

Stephanie Bethea
Lahaina Realty
REALTOR® /Associate
Cell: (239)603-5595
Email: StephanieSWFL@gmail.com
Website: http://www.StephanieBethea.com
Twitter: @SWFLReal_Estate
Dear Loretta,

The best place to live, close to the beach, would be West of 41, in Park Shore, the Moorings, Pelican Bay. Very nice homes are now available in those areas. Pine Ridge with homes on large lots is a very nice area, Pelican Marsh and several other communities will also meet your criteria.

We have some very good schools in Naples. Let me know if I can help you.

Huguette Nelson
Prudential Florida Realty
Hugnelson@comcast.net
239-641-7692
Loretta, Barbara from Michigan is absolutely right, about the home on Santa Margherita way. This would be the perfect home for you and your children. I moved here 21 years ago and both my girls graduated with honors from Barron Collier. They both went on to graduate from very good colleges with honors as well. The neighborhood is very family oriented and has a lot to offer. I know the neighborhood very well and this property is still available. If you would like more information or want to set up an appointment to see this home, I would be happy to assist you.
Claudette Looker
239-601-6088
Naples has a very good school system; both Olde Naples and Naples are operated by the same school system. There are so many areas that meet your criteria more specifics will be needed. In the meantime look at the school website http://www.collierschools.com/ ...then call or e-mail me to fine tune your parameters....KathyBC 800-448-3411 ext 601....(4/16)
Loretta,
After doing some gardening after I got home from work, I had a few spare minutes and couldn't help but look on Trulia for you. If it's still for sale, this house at 7699 Santa Margherita Way in Naples, FL 34109, is a stunner! It's right across Airport Pulling Road, just across the street from where my parents condo is located on Citrus Lake Drive. Ninety percent of the schools were rated excellent on Trulia.

This house even has a separate guest house, which is great for out-of-town guests or for when your kids get older. They can visit you but still have their own space. It has a lanai, custom kitchen, pool, huge combination laundry room (which you are going to need with that many in your family!), and
the laundry room even has an office in part of the laundry room. It's listed with a total of 5 bedrooms , 5 baths and 4 garages. I think the house has four bedrooms plus a bonus room and the house has 3.5 baths. The separate guest house has the rest. It also has lots of lush landscaping, which, personally, I love. You won't even need to take a vacation! You can vacation at home! LOL

It's in the Monterey area where there are tennis courts, a fitness place, pool, and it's listed as three miles to the beach. (Of course, I think you have to pay a fee to use those additional neighborhood amenities, but with your own pool, you may not need or need to do that). It also has a lake view which adds to it's value.

It really looks like a great family home to me. As I said, I'm not a realtor but I know my parents have lived there for over twenty years and have felt very safe in that area. It's fairly close to a number of
grocery stores, and my parents now swim in their outdoor pools more than they go to the beach.

Of course, it's listed at $969,000, but with a separate guest house, I would say it's well worth the money. There are also a few other lower priced homes in that immediate area in your price range, but this one caught my eye the most. I'm sure you would be happy for years to come in this neighborhood.

Good luck on your search!

Barbara VanAntwerp
emailgr@aol.com
from Michigan
Loretta, I love real estate, but I'm not a realtor. Why spend 1.2 M in the area? You can get many fabulous houses in the area for less than that. The time is still very good in the real estate market in Naples.

How about a great 5 bedroom, 4.5 bath, 3 car garage house in Naples? It is about 4,340 square feet, spacious, looks like it is there in conjunction with the Valencia Golf and Country Club for a fairly small fee (under $300 a month). Get those kids involved with golf! I clicked on the schools tab on Trulia and it said the schools are good to excellent. It has a small lake view. It's located at 1750 Sarazen Place, Naples, FL 34120. Of course, I am not sure if there are lots of kids in the area but you would have to check it out. Remember, I think realtors have to be totally neutral when it comes to recommending schools and "neighborhoods with children", but I think they can tell you about their own experience if they came to Naples with children and a family.

Of course, this house could be sold already, but this is just an example of a great house for $425,000 which is no where near 1.2 million dollars. Go to realtor.com and look for free, then contact a realtor that will work for you to show you what you want to see or to find you what you want. When I found our house, I also thought it was important to find a realtor who you can be honest with, someone you can say, "sorry this one isn't for me" , where they won't get insulted. You DO have to tell your realtor along the way what you LIKE about houses, too. I also think it's important to remember that you can click on the "crime" tab of each individual listing on Trulia to see what the crime rate looks like or contact the local police in the area and ask about your particular neighborhood.

My parents love their condo on Citrus Lake in North Naples, but theirs is only a 2 bedroom, 2 bath modest condo. There are some stand-alone condos around that lake, but I'm not sure if they would be large enough for your family or luxurious for what you have in mind. It's about 5 miles from any beach, including Doctor's Pass and Vanderbilt Beach. It's a gated community with two pools, fishing off the pier, a hottub, basketball court, shuffleboard, and tennis courts, and a walking path around the lake.

P.S. Instead of spending 1.2 million on a house, take some of the money you save to do fun things with the kids. Maybe buy a boat, take them swimming and fishing, take them to the excellent symphony in Naples and to do other cultural things in the area, church events, plays, boating excursions, fun restaurants. They won't remember a $1.2 million dollar house, but they'll remember that you spent time with them and their friends doing things together as a family.

Barbara VanAntwerp
emailgr@aol.com
from Michigan
Are you not satisfied with all the answers below including two of mine? Again...there are private school in the City of Naples for elementary; high schools are in the county along with other private schools. If you are using private schools you are responsible for thier transportation. There are good schools within the city and county. Your need to check individual schools to see how they stand-up against your ideas. If you don't want to be in a gated community, and closest to the beach then you should look in the City; if it doesn't matter then you have many choices within 20 miles of the beach. KathyBC 800-448-3411 ext 601 (6/11)
Loretta:
May I suggest Pelican Marsh or Pelican Bay. Both are great communities and offer location, beach, schools, amenities for the entire family.
Let us know if we can be of further assistance. We work as buyers agents. So your interest will be our main concern.
Claudette Looker
Hello Loretta,
Here are my choices. These are all in a great school zone. Call me for showings and to discuss.

View homes- http://sunshinemls.com/search/emailToResults.asp?eid=6258450

Carl - 239-537-4894
Hello Loretta,

Carl - 239-537-4894
Hi Loretta,

I responded on April 27th and I know that I can help you but I can only do so if you contact me. I would like to discuss this with you further. Please call me at 239-273-8700.

Thank you for helping me help you,
Ben Maltese
John R. Wood Realtors
3255 Tamiami Trail N.
Naples, FL 34103
Direct 659-6191
Cell 273-8700
Have already answered...What are the ages of your children? Do you want them in private or public schools? Other than schools, what is the next most important need? Gated community, golf, water...so many choices having your priorities first is most important. Call to discuss KathyBC 800-448-3411 ext 601. Housing trends, stats and location are my specialities. How can I help you?
The best place would be West of 41. This area is close to the beach, have splendid schools, lots of entertainment, shopping, and close to everything else such as medical facilities. I have lived in this area since 1998 and can tell you all about it. You can stroll on the beach in the mornings, take walks all over, be active and stay healthy. The community houses great people and associations where you can make friends and join the neighborhood. The area provides a safe environment for children and has beautiful landscaping and views. The homes are well kept and suit people from all walks of life from condo living to single family homes. If I can be of any assistance for you please contact me. Thank you!
Pine Ridge, Pelican Marsh, the Crossings, Kensington, Park Shore and the Moorings would be close to the beach. They also have very good schools. We have many good public and private schools in Naples. I lived in North Naples and was very satisfied with the schools.

You can search my website at http://www.napleshomesnelson.com and find all the properties listed in Naples.
You can reach me at 239-641-7692 to discussed your needs and I could send you some listings with pictures.

I am looking forward to hearing from you and helping you with your real estate needs.

Huguette Nelson
Prudential Florida Realty
239-641-7692
hugnelson@comcast.net
Public or private...best if you check http://www.collierschools.edu and check out the rankings which I am not able to advise you about since I don't know what you want in a school. The schools in the city and the county merge. I can find you a home that meets your school criteria once you have found out what you need...if you are in town, I can take you to the schools to and discuss the surrounding neighborhoods. Call KathyBC @ 800-448-3411 et 601
Loretta,

I can relate to your situation directly as I went through this 17 years ago when I moved my family to Naples. There are many beautiful communities in Naples within excellent schools zones if you are looking specifically for public school education. There are also excellent private schools if that is a consideration. I will find the best location for you by knowing your specific criteria which will be the determining factor as to "the best place for you to live."

If you would like to discuss this further please call me at 239-659-6191 or cell 239-273-8700 or email me at bmaltese@johnrwood.com. You can also see a brief bio for me at http://www.johnrwood.com/agents/MS/.

Best of luck to you,
Ben Maltese
John R. Wood Realtors
3255 Tamiami Trail N.
Naples, FL 34103
Direct 659-6191
Cell 273-8700
That's not a problem...

If it was me, I'd look to Coquina Sands or Olde Naples.
Loretta,
What age are your children as different school district for different ages. You can go to my website and search the different communities and schools.
Please let me know there ages and then will recommend some communities based on the schools that most people rate as the best.
Leann Anderson
Premiere Plus Realty
http://www.naplesbeachandhomes.com
direct-239-777-1823
LeannNaples@aol.com
Hi Loretta~

I'd be more than happy to assist you in looking for the perfect home for you and your family. Please call me at 239-580-7881 so we can discuss your exact needs and specifications. I am an Accredited Buyers Representative (ABR). I specialize in working with buyers. I pride myself on my customer service. I personally live in North Naples and have 3 children that have gone through the school system here.

I look forward to working with you~

Jill A. Maenza ABR, SFR
Premiere Plus Realty
370 12th Avenue South
Naples, Florida 34119
239-580-7881 cell
jillen@comcast.net
Hi Loretta

Although as a realtor I am not permitted to guide you on schools what I can say is that the majority of enquiries my office recieves both from buyers and tenants is for the schools in North Naples.

We are about to take a five bedroom pool home with its own Cinema room on the Monterey community which is off Orange Blossom. Price will be around $1.2m. Great community and a lot of house for the money.

If you would like me to send details on this home as soon as it comes to the market and before it hits MLS for everyone else to see it e mail me directly on simon@simplythinknaples.com

Kind regards

Simon Brooker

Tel: 239 682 4319
Hi Loretta,
To make it easy for you I have searched the MLS and found these homes in the best school zone.
Click this link to view them. Call me to discuss.
http://sunshinemls.com/search/emailToResults.asp?eid=6191450

Carl Lohmann 239-537-4894
CLohmann@Keatingrealty.com
Please go to http://www.realestateJoe.com and do all the searching you like
There's even is a place to look up for family orientated communities call me with any questions no obligation of course
Web Reference: http://wwwrealestatejoe.com
You've picked a great time to be looking in the Naples, Florida area as it has been many years since we've seen prices as we are seeing today.

With 32+ years in Naples, I have a strong knowledge of the area. Of course your particular interests (i.e. boating, golf, etc.) will be determining factors as we have many areas within close proximity to the beach. We also have many fine schools, both public or private.

For additional information contact me at:

Ted Wilmering
Cell: (239)-465-1005
E-mail: twilmering@premiereplusrealty.com
Web: http://www.TWilmering.Listingbook.com

Thanks and have a great day!
Hi Loretta,

Let me introduce myself via video:

Check out my YOUTUBE channel at: http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthNaplesRealtor?feature=mhee

I've got two children in the school system as well. Look forward to hearing from you!

Kind Regards,

Mike
Direct Line: 239-250-3556
http://www.buyanapleshome.com
The best school zone is in North Naples. Give me a call to discuss. 239-537-4894 cell

Carl Lohmann
Hello. I live in Naples and there are lots of good places to live for $2 million. Olde Naples has great schools, you are close to the beach, and living near downtown gives you a lot of amazing restaurants. Our offices are on 5th Avenue, downtown. I also personally live in Olde Naples and love it very much. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me!
Monica Fracci-Small
Peak Realty Partners
711 5th AVE S
Naples, FL 34102
http://www.peakrlty.com
Park Shore is nice...walk to the beach. We would happy to run custom searches here for you as our search engine as a licensed Realtor is superior to anything else on the internet, including our own website offering. Why do all the work when you don't need to. You are of course welcome to use our self-service website for free, but bring us in for the heavy lifting. We can search for foreclosures, by square footage, by view (eg. Gulf, Bay, Lake), by year built, gated or non-gated, and list goes on and on. Below is a link to all "active" listings per your inquiry as an example of how we can help. I hope we can work together. Contact us about these services at 877.832.6173 and to answer any questions you might have. http://www.naplesrealestateguys.com/
Dear Loretta,

Having been from Jacksonville to Key West and Naples to Pensacola and most points in between I know the state very well. There are some amazing places to call home but many differences in weather, lifestyle and landscape; stay below Vero Beach on the east coast and Sarasota on the west coast if you want the best winter weather. While you may be tied in with your jobs to Naples you might also consider the Jupiter area. I can point you is a brief blog I did about the Jupiter area a while back and am firmly convinced the Florida lifestyle we enjoy here tops anything I have found; especially for those raising a family where public schools are important.

http://tompriester.wordpress.com/2010/06/04/jupiter-rocks/

There are two sources for school information that I highly recommend. The first is http://www.greatschools.org where there is a wealth of information and their own rating system. A really great resource. The other is the Palm Beach County Schools System site at http://www.palmbeachschools.org. Here you can look up the schools zoned for any address and then cross check them with the GreatSchools site. When you do visit we can schedule tours of any schools that you might want to see, feel and touch!

As a resident of Jupiter, I work throughout Palm Beach and Martin Counties, and a great place to start is by defining your goals and comparing the lifestyles and housing costs of areas that you are interested in. There are so many different options available to us that reside in the state and I have selected Jupiter because of the quality of life that we enjoy. From my viewpoint, there is no finer place to reside that the Jupiter area; from the best schools, to a fantastic economy fueled by many factors and of course the wonderful facilities of Max Planck and Scripps Institute, to incredible unspoiled beaches, unbelievable dining and shopping options, numerous boating and golf opportunities, uncrowded streets, low crime and just the overall kindness of our residents. Recently we were out with a client form New York who commented on just how nice everyone is; and why not as we are truly lucky to live in Paradise.

I work almost entirely as a buyers agent in Palm Beach and Martin Counties and certainly would be honored to be on the list of Realtors® you interview and happy to be of assistance in any way that I can. If you are in the area and would like a tour I would enjoy showing you why I am so fortunate to call Jupiter my hometown.

I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com