Greg Kaiser, Real Estate Pro in Sacramento, CA

What would you say to a buyer are the primary differences between Land Park and Curtis Park?

Asked by Greg Kaiser, Sacramento, CA Tue Oct 15, 2013

Sacramento, CA

Answers

8
Jason Walter’s answer
The only item that I would add to the answers already given is that Curtis Park is closer to Oak Park which has some desirable areas but also many less than desirable areas. Drive east down Broadway from I-5 area to Oak Park and you can see the changes in the neighborhoods as mentioned in the other answers.
Both Land Park and Curtis Park have neighborhood associations: however, because of the Sierra 2 Art and Community Center located in Curtis Park, the Sierra Curtis Neighborhood Association has several full time staff. Since the neighborhood has full time staff positions it is a very active, visable force in the neighborhood and has been quite effective with City council in the past.
There are a number of people who move into Curtis Park single buy small cottages, marry and raise children in one of the larger homes in the park and then downsize back into a smaller cottage and would never think of leaving Curtis Park.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 24, 2013
I should have added to my comment below that I live in Land Park, so I might be more biased toward Land Park myself. I ride my bike through William Land Park in the evenings, past the water fountains, ducks, baseball fields, golf course, kids playgrounds, bongo drum musicians, guys doing exercises on the lawn and the occasional wild turkey, the bird kind, not the doofus kind.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 15, 2013
Thank you, Elizabeth! That was very helpful.
Flag Wed Oct 23, 2013
Oh and one more cool Land Park fact, Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy lived there prior to being appointed to the US Supreme Court. He was a law professor at McGeorge at the time. My government teacher (in high school) was his next door neighbor at the time of his appointment and kept us in the loop during that time of his nomination to the appointment - was very exciting to feel like we had a local attachment to the US Supreme Court!! :)

#loveUSGovt #NotToBeConfusedWithUSPoliticians :D
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 15, 2013
While I love the William Land Park for the variety of activities it provides I love Curtis Park for the architectural diversity. Many homes in Land Park are small bungalows and or ranch style. While Curtis Park has a whole variety of styles including amazing large craftsman style homes. I think Land Park has more ammenities along Freeport and Broadway. I also love the playground behind Sierra 2 in Curtis Park. One of my favorite with lots of shade under a big oak tree. Feel free to give me a call if you want a tour of either! 916-212-9211.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 15, 2013
More bungalows 2bed 1bath in Curtis pk. More small town atmosphere. Younger families. Closer to the universities...
Landpark more established , larger lots, pools older families. Currently transitioning from elderly singles and couples down sizing, to larger families wanting ranch style homes....
Both are well established communities....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 15, 2013
The main thing I see is Land Park is more conforming and Curtis Park is more eclectic. More 1940s homes in Land Park than in Curtis Park. Curtis Park is somewhat more affordable, but the two areas are very similar. Although, I do hear some people say they would never live in Curtis Park and I have not heard that said about Land Park. Personally, I love Curtis Park.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 15, 2013
Land Park is known for its many famous residents (politicians, authors, and attorneys, etc), its proximity to the downtown area and local activities, and some pretty cool structural architecture in some areas.

I don't know much about Curtis Park (except that the Mayor lives there). But it most likely has a great history as Land Park does.

Similar architecure can be found in both neighborhoods.

The major difference would be Land Park includes the Sacramento Zoo and William Land Park and Curtis Park has a park, only not quite as large. Other than that, the two are both equal recognizable as two of Sacramento's more well established neighborhoods.

Keisha Mathews, REALTOR®
CDPE®, HRC®, HAFA® Certified
SAR Masters Club Member 2012
SAR Masters Club Steering Committee
Mathews & Co. Realty Group
@ Century 21 Landmark Network
keisha.mathews@century21.com
(916) 370-1803 cell
lic#: 01439130