CJ Davies, Real Estate Pro in Brant Beach, NJ

What would you say the top qualities are that an agent should possess in the eyes of a buyer or a seller?

Asked by CJ Davies, Brant Beach, NJ Wed Mar 21, 2012

Answers

8
I agree on the importance of market, inventory and pricing expertise. Skills are honed from experience so I would put that on top of the list as well. As far as honesty and integrity being "fluff" I must disagree....I consider them essential and I believe my cilents would agree.
Experience, enthusiasm, motivation, compassion, intelligence and adaptability, but most importantly is technological proficiency coupled with a strong on line presence.
A buyer or seller want an honest agent one who listens, will communicate and deliver what is promised.
Responsiveness and good communication skills are qualities that are often overlooked.
Make sure that you set reasonable expectations when interviewing a listing or buyers agent.
A buyers agent should discuss new listings with you as they come on the market. Auto e-mails
don't always keep you in the loop.

A good listing agent should always provide you with both negative and positive feedback from showings. It is important that a listed home have momentum and condition and pricing will
keep interest high.
hunger, passion, motivation, drive, market knowledge, enthusiasm, technological marketing proficiency, and a sincere desire to help others.
Market knowledge and staying up to date on local inventory and selling prices. All the rest (integrity, honesty, good communicator) is nice to have, but just fluff!
Trust - experience - honesty - knowledge -
That is easy. It is the ability to listern to the needs of the Client and then execute them to the best of their ability