Home Buying in Raleigh>Question Details

Samantha & N…, Real Estate Pro in Cary, NC

What would you say is the hardest part about looking for a new home?

Asked by Samantha & Nick Giuggio, Cary, NC Mon Jan 14, 2013

Answers

13
Daniel Fisher’s answer
Good evening, Nick:
Getting through the paperwork heavy financing approval process is very difficult. Knowing yourself, what you need vs want, and being able to make compromises seems to be a common difficulty for home buyers, especially first time buyers. Getting comfortable that you have found the right place without having seen every possible home is also difficult for some people. In today's market, where inventory is low and multiple offers are common, getting repeatedly rejected can be difficult for some people. Best success with YOUR search. If you appreciate an answer, please give thumbs up. For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 19, 2013
I think it is the pressure buyers put on themselves to find the "perfect home," which exists for no one.

And, sometimes the pressure on the relationship when two buyers are not able to compromise easily between themselves.
.
.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 14, 2013
After knowing the amount you are pre approved for, I would say that the hardest part is in finding a community that provides you the conveniences and amenities that will fit to your lifestyle. And then looking into the quality of the homebuilder in the community. Once you get those, you can proceed with the guidance of your realtor. In our site, you will find a link Homebuyers Guide To New Homes - Tips To Save You Time & Money. Good luck...
I would say the most difficult part of purchasing, from what I've seen with my buyers, is the stress of a home inspection. The inspector's job is to find any and all probable issues with a home. Once the report is written it can be overwhelming. That, I believe, can be the hardest hurdle to overcome.
The Cinderella reference is very accurate. The 'hard' part comes when the fairy tale still has life and the buyer has not fully grasped the concept every home purchase will require "COMPROMISE."
-
As professionals we understand, the 'compromise,' much like the squeezing of the balloon, will emerge somewhere else. Where this emergence takes place we can assist the buyer in determining.
-
The time invested BEFORE looking at the first home to establish appropriate expectations is well worth the effort.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEz.us
Good question, Nick. From this Realtor's point of view, it's not a difficult process, but it is one that requires attention to detail and experience. When I bought my last home in 2007, I knew what general area I wanted to live in and narrowed my search to a couple of neighborhoods. From there, I listed the pros and cons of available homes to finalize my decision. Once you've been pre-approved and know your price point and have identified the general area you'd like to live, it's just a process of elimination. It's a big decision but the process can be alot of fun...particularly with the right Realtor. Oh...and that would be me.
Finding an experienced truly professional Realtor and matching your expectations to your price point.
If you are fortunate to find the first and your expectations are in sync with your budget it's not only easy it's enjoyable.
Knowing what is most important to you, and then finding what you want within your financial limits. I think choosing the location frequently can be the most difficult second step. The first step is meeting with a lender to find out your upper limit. What happens if what you want is not in your price range? What are the compromises you are willing to make together? Then you need to look at the larger picture--your life style, how you use a house and particular rooms in a house, etc.

Take your time, talk with each other to do some of this work before you meet with an agent, or go through it with an agent in the initial buyer consultation. There will be a lot of give and take, because if you are like most of us, we can't get everything we want, so go for the most important.
Trying to find the one seen on TV, you know the one where they show very generalized pictures and few to none of the fine details. It's amazing when people are shocked by the creek in the floor of the 30 year old home.
Thank you for the answers. I believe that a lot of people have a fairy tale belief to purchasing a home in their minds without realizing that every good fable is filled with curve balls.
Nicholas, For most buyers I've dealt with, Mike J nailed the answer.. Trying to find what you really want in a home within the guidelines of what you are qualified to purchase financially. You need to assess those important items to you in a priority sequence and realize you probably won't be able to afford a home with all of them. You need to be able to make consessions that you can live with as they may be added later. For example, you want a home with a fenced yard but the home you really like doesn't have one. Fencing can almost always be done later.

Typically, when I set down with a buyer for the first time, I ask them their wish list and perform a home search with every item I can search on. If we get a hit or two, thats a bonus situation and are typically the first homes to visit. If I get none, then we start deleting items one at a time until we have a few options to look at. Always good to start deleting items that are easy add ons to a home at a later time.

If I can be of any assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me or visit my website at http://www.RaleighHomeSite.com

Great question,
Ernie
Hi there!
In my opinion, securing the finances would be the hardest part of the process. Other than that I think it really depends on the individual. If you have an open mind and are ready for an adventure it could be a very positive experience. There are so many homes on the market it becomes overwhelming for individuals who want to go it alone. I would say in general it would be narrowing down your list of wants and desires in a new home. New construction vs. resale. "City vs. Country". HOA no HOA. Ranch, two story. And the lists go on. There has never been a better time to buy so once you narrow down your lists it should be not be hard at all. Please feel free to email or call with any questions at all. I would love an opportunity to assist you! Have a great evening!
Stacey Redgrave
Coldwell Banker HPW
919-671-3214
StaceyR@HPW.com
I would say one of the most difficult things about looking for a new home is that if you are new to the area, it's difficult to determine what the best location is without good guidance.
Margaret Moore
Triangle & Coast Realty
Margaret@TriangleCoast.com