rjnicpon, Home Buyer in Aurora, IL

What would the tax rate be on a new construction home valued at $378,000 in 60506, Aurora?

Asked by rjnicpon, Aurora, IL Tue Aug 28, 2012

Answers

4
You'll have to contact the County's Tax Assessors Office to get this answered.
Rjnicpon
I would say the best way to find that out is to go to the source. Contact your local township assessor.

thanks for using Trulia.com to find answers to your questions..

you must be from out of town as this type of question comes from people who lived in states with specifiec state wide rate.. anyhow

the rate changes depanding on which township your new construation is within. please note this is township not town or county of city. as example you might be in Aurora but in Wheatlands township. you need to find out which township your new home is at and google the assocer's office phone number for that township. give them a call and ask how they calculate property taxes. although this is very complicated process in IL. they will at least will give you a good idea about today's rate and possible taxes.

please note all the info you will get will only be good for one year, tax rates changes yearly so what you might be paying today might be very diffrent in a year or two..

lastley, please have a realtor on your side even if you are working with a builder becuase the agent will have your interest and should point out things that might save you money now and/or later.

let me know if you need any help, and ck out my website for refun d specials on new construction homes. thanks.

Inaas Arabi
Option Realty Group
phone/text: 630-329-5000
e-mail: Inaas@hotmail.com
There are very few new construction homes in that price range in 60506 Aurora. My guess is the property is in Verona Ridge, if you are working with a builder, and a 3500 sqft home from that subdivision built in the past 5 years that sold in the upper $300ks has taxes in the $11,000-$12,000 range. Before making a decision to go with new construction I strongly recommend you check your options out for existing homes in this range. North Aurora which also has 129 schools has some really great properties in this price range. Hope this helps.

Mike Christoffel
Broker/Owner MBC Realty
630-308-3385