Karen, Home Buyer in Union City, NJ

What would the average price be for a 1bed/1 bath condo in the Rittenhouse/Fitler Sq area?

Asked by Karen, Union City, NJ Sun Jun 20, 2010

The unit is well-kept and on a beautiful street, but It's on the top floor and has no elevator, and no bathtub either. My feeling is that the asking price to too high, but I don't know...

Answers

4
Bruce Lang’s answer
I am hoping you have found what you are looking for by now. Value is a function of size, condition and desirable features. One bedrooms in filter/rittenhouse range from 200k to 800k so average isn't a good question. In a condominium be sure to check the financial health of the condo. Generally speaking if you are in a walk up building second floor front is considered the most valuable then second floor rear. Sometimes the ground level with good outdoor space/parking can also be a winner. Thirds/fourth floor walk-ups appeal to less buyers.

Good luck in your search.
Karen,

Have you pursued Fitler Square any further? Fitler does command a higher price for smaller space even compared to neighborhoods 6-10 blocks away. If you are still on the hunt for a place get in touch I live and work within blocks from this neighborhood.

Carl Caldas
CITYSPACE
2200 Walnut St.
Phialdelphia, PA 19103
Karen,

Saw your other post and responded to that one as well.

Did you higher a buyers agent? Generally you are not charged for this since the seller is paying the commission. If you have the reasoning of saving money, most likely the listing agent will try and be a dual agent on the deal thus making both sides of the commission.

If you truly dont know what is a good price, I suggest you reach out to someone. Otherwise you are going into this blind. To ask broadly what the average price of a condo is, is not a good idea. You want to know what that condo unit is worth.

Sean Dawes
Long and Foster Real Estate Inc.
sean.dawes@LNF.com
Hello Karen,

A CMA (Comparative market analysis) would have to be done in order to accurately tell you the Fair price.
I would need more information on what I am comparing. There are many factors such as floor 1st vs 21st. 21st would be more expensive as you can imagine, square footage is also important....if you have an MLS number that would help.

You did not indicate if it is a RENT or PURCHASE.
Are you currently working with a Real Estate Professional, you would then get all the advice you need from him/her?

Alexander Shulzhenko
Realtor®
Advance Realty One
http://www.eRealtyFind.com
realexs@gmail.com
(267) 738 0886