Home Buying in Riverdale>Question Details

LVFanatic, Other/Just Looking in Bronx, NY

What would be the process for obtaining a land variance within the five boroughs, in both time and cost?

Asked by LVFanatic, Bronx, NY Mon Jun 4, 2012

Answers

3
Anne Shahmoon’s answer
What sort of variance? Riverdale has more/different issues than many places because some areas are landmarked and many are in the Special Natural Area District. Are you looking to build a single family home on a non-conforming parcel or are you trying to build a condo amidst single family homes? Or something else completely?
Hi, thanks for answering so promptly. So, from the time the application is filed, what would be the approximate time I'd be looking at before an approval? Is the approval guaranteed, and if not, is the process to resubmit one that is drawn out, like everything else with NYC, LOL?

Last, is this something I can handle completely on my own?
You have to file an application with NYC. You can visit their website to download the forms and the requirements. See link below.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/bsa/html/faq/faq.shtml

Rey Hollingsworth Falu
Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
Houlihan Lawrence - Bronxville

Direct 917-855-0277
rhollingsworth@houlihanlawrence.com