Home Buying in Gilbert>Question Details

Captain Crun…, Home Buyer in Newport Beach, CA

What would be the best location in Gilbert AZ to invest in a nice rental property for a first home buyer?

Asked by Captain Crunch, Newport Beach, CA Thu May 30, 2013

I'm actually living in SoCal and I'll looking at investing in a nice rental property outside the crumbling state of California in Gilbert, AZ. I've about 100K to 150K to invest or more depending of the opportunities, customer services of the agent(s) and how easy it would be to rent the property. My goal is to buy about 2 or 3 rental houses in the next 3 - 4 years or so. I'm new to the whole house buying thing so I simply need to be guided and Gilbert AZ looks like a fantastic place to start. I want to purchase within a month or so.

Carl

Answers

17
Hi Carl,

I am sure you will get some good and some bad advice here.

Right now all of Gilbert and other cities within the Phoenix metro area are hot. Especially in your price range. People are bidding above asking price and losing bids to other offers. Also, there are many situations where a property just got listed on the market and 2 -3 hours later you find out that it is already sold. I don't guarantee my buyers anything. But I have a way to beat out the competition, or at the very least get our foot in the door so our offers are at least being considered. It doesn't work every time, but I would say a good 85-90% of the time it does. For obvious reasons, I am not going to divulge my system here in the public forum so other agents can duplicate it. But if you call me we can talk. If I think that we can work together and that you qualified, and that I don't get a feeling that you are another agent trying to find out what I do, we can take it to the next step. Either way, you have nothing to lose if we just talk. Also I can set you up on what is called a portal for free. Any agent can do that. But if you will be working with me I will require you to get your portal through me (for free). It's basically a link that I send you to your own private account where you can look at properties that are within your criteria. The portal updates itself every couple of hours, so I would suggest you check it often. When we talk, I will get your email so I can set it up for you.

If you decide to work with another agent that you feel comfortable with, I understand and wish you the best. Hope to talk to you soon!

Mike
480-703-2641
mpiork@mikepiork.com
AzRealEstateKing.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 31, 2013
Dear Carl,

The market in Gilbert AZ is booming and going up super fast. Rentals are extremelly popular including with town houses and condos. The price range that you are looking for can only get you a 2 bedroom single family home, or an older home. If you are open to town homes or condos you can also expand your options. I am a Real Estate Investor Specialist. I am also an investor, a landlord and an owner of several properties in the Gilbert area. I specialize in this area because I have found where to make the money.

I will be more than happy to spend a few minutes over the phone and discuss your options. If you are looking into making money, do not buy a condo. Realtors will tell you what's on the market for sale right now, because they want to sell, and that's what you can afford. That's the wrong approach. Let's get you some numbers, cash flow calculations, return on investment and the projection in a few years based on a market study of the particular area.

I will be happy to assist you when you are ready under no obligations.

At your service,

--

Yamile Hirsh (Shamile)Psy. D, SFR, e-PRO,CLHMS
Real Estate Investor Specialist.
Home Smart Real Estate
2680 S. Val Vista Dr. Suite 101
Gilbert , AZ 85297
myhirsh@gmail.com

Direct: 480-567-2121
Fax: 480-247-3722

http://www.topsellaz.com

"Your partner in Real Estate"

One of the Top 10 Featured Agents by Realtor.com in the East Valley

Multi-million dollar producer

Who is who in Real Estate top 100

http://www.facebook.com/TheHirshRealEstateGroup
Web Reference: http://www.topsellaz.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 30, 2013
Hi Carl,

Not only am I a realtor but I am also a 10 year resident in Gilbert, AZ. It's a great place to live and easy to rent. But to be honest with you it has become really hard to find a decent home for under $200K in Gilbert. I am not saying that they don't exist, but as soon as they come on the market they sell for above asking price with multiple offers. Here is a link to my website which is directly linked to the mls realtors use. Let me know if I can be of any help!

Mike
480-703-2641 Cell
mpiork@mikepiork.com
AzRealEstateKing.com
Sorry, I definitely do NOT agree with the comment below! I am a resident of Gilbert and love the small town feel while having the city advantages. I honestly never notice the bulk trash pick up!

I think that the Lyon's Gate area, Arbor Walk subdivision, Power Ranch or Val Vista Lakes would be great choices in your price range!

Let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like me to help you find a potential property!

AmberR@RealtyOneAZ.com

Best of luck :)

Amber
Nowhere in Gilbert! They have a trash pickup day once p/month when anything goes. Toilets, Old mattresses... you name it will be sitting on the sidewalks for 10 days before they are picked up. I really feel sorry for those who purchased there & want a neat neighborhood. We rented there for 1 year to try it out -- awful!
A service offered by the City should've been thought about first. Yuk!
The Gardens all the way. I live there and also have a rental which I just listed today for $159,900. It should go very quickly. Finding renters is not a problem. The only problem is choosing the best one. If you have any questions let me know. Good luck on your search.
Thank you very much everyone to be so responsive to my question. I've already contacted one of you to do future business.

Carl
The inventory of homes in Gilbert under $150,000 is slim since we have seen significant price increases over the last 3 years. I am a very experienced buyer's agent and property manager so I would be happy to guide you in the right direction. Here is a link to view the available homes in Gilbert under $150,000:
http://www.flexmls.com/cgi-bin/mainmenu.cgi?cmd=url+other/ru…

How soon will you be deciding which agent you are going to be working with?
Yes, sorry to hear that CA has made some bad decisions these days because it's a beautiful state :)

I have investor clients that have purchased in Gilbert and their rentals do really well there. Gilbert has lots of great areas but at present, I only find 12 properties that are under $150K, 3 of which are single family properties. Not sure if you're willing to purchase condos/townhomes but in my humble opinion, as an investment, single family properties ultimately work out better, especially when you get ready to sell it.

Have you thought about financing a portion of these to stretch the cash you have a bit more?
Hi Carl,

Power Ranch is a great investment area and fits into your price point perfectly. I also like The Gardens for a great rental area. These areas have an excellent rental return most homes are all built in 2005 or newer. Gilbert is centrally located and most of the neighborhoods are new with HOA's. I would be happy to assist you further and investment properties are my specialty.

Warm Regards,

Shelsi Guthrie
Designated Broker /Owner
Vintage Real Estate
2013 Sevrar Top 40 Under 40 Real Estate Agent
480-907-8294
Carl

Gilbert is a great place for rentals, the commute for jobs is reasonable, cost of living is fairly low, crime is low, the community is fantastic with it's freeway access, parks and shopping.

The price range you are looking at will be either single family homes on smaller lots or townhouse type homes for the most part. We have a number of newer homes that fit the description and won't need major mechanical repairs for 10-15 years in most situations.

We might also consider parts of Chandler, Mesa and Queen Creek for this investment. We can cherry pick the homes in the best locations that will rent and deliver a return for you.

We also happen to offer complete property management as a service so we can complete the circle for you. Not only do we help you buy but we continue on to manage the property, with that the purchase is important to us as we want you to be happy long term. This means more than a sale to us, it's a long term business relationship with you we desire.
Hi Carl,
I have helped and am still helping investors like yourself invest in Real Estate in Arizona. The Gilbert area is very desirable. Many people relocating to Arizona prefer to rent in Gilbert or Chandler, therefore the selling price of homes in the area is a little higher than other areas but is well worth it, as the rental rate is also higher. I will be more than happy to assist you in reaching your goal. Please call or e mail me at your convenience and we'll talk.
Grace Adewumi
Realty One Group
602-769-0890
gracea@realtyoneaz.com
http://www.house2buyorsell.com
Dear Carl:

Gilbert and its sister city of Chandler were both selected in the top 100 Small Cities to live in US and both are suburbs of the greater Phoenix metro area.

The newer areas of Gilbert south of the 202 have some very nice newer planned communities. The southern 202 loop is bringing more retail and commerce which will increase values in the coming years. Also the nearby expanding Gateway Airport (taking the load off of Sky Harbor) will bring gtowth in this south of 202 area of Gilbert.

Your desired price range will affect the decision. However overall Gilbert is a great city to live in.

Call me with any questions.

Jeffrey Masich, Realtor, GRI, MBA
HomeSmart
Arizona homes and land for purchase or sale
http://ArizonaHomesLand.com
JeffMasich@ArizonaHomesLand.com
480-556-0940
I think the better question is which one is more likely to have a better rate of return on your investment, or which one better suits your portfolio needs. Feel free to contact me if you would like to speak to a seasoned investment agent with hundreds of closed properties. Good luck !
I would look at The Gardens or Willows. They offer a single family town home style product with community pools and low maintenance common areas. Basically a town home with a garage, near freeway and shopping. As the home prices continue to climb in the standard single family homes, these homes will increase right behind them. Let me know if you have any further questions. I have 2 Gilbert websites and live and work in Gilbert.
There are several areas in Gilbert that are wonderful - if not all of Gilbert - please contact me to see how my real estate team can help you further. Kristen Trussell - owner/Designated Broker AZNB Realty -602-625-4522
Web Reference: http://KristenTrussell.com
Hi Carl,

There are only 14 active properties in Gilbert at that price range. I would recommend the Gardens.

4061 E WINDSOR Drive
Gilbert, AZ 85296

http://link.flexmls.com/zp9dwp60wsx,12

Let me know how I can assist you.

Jim Overson
Realty One Group
(602) 751-5653