Lenora, Home Buyer in Port Charlotte, FL

What would be a good neighborhood in Port Charlotte to check out for 300K or less. I don't know anything about this area but plan on visiting in

Asked by Lenora, Port Charlotte, FL Mon Jan 18, 2010

Feb.

Answers

10
Happy New Year Lenora! There are so many areas that fit your price range in Charlotte County area. It would be depending on what you are looking for in a home/area - i.e, waterfront, gated community, golfing community, if you are willing to accept an association that has annual or monthly fees. The choices are abudant here in S.W. Florida. Other items to consider on your wish list would be do you want close proximity to beaches, marinas, boats launches, etc. Then of course size of home, bedrooms, if you have an age requirement of your home, with or without a pool. It's a wonderful area to live in and/or just vacation in or spend the winter while it is snowing up North! If we can be of further help, don't hesitate to contact us.
Web Reference: http://www.kelligroup.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 18, 2010
Hi Lenora,
I hope you enjoy your visit to Port Charlotte and all of the responses you have received our true. We are lucky to have a wealth of wonderful communities throughout Charlotte County. If you are interested in brand new homes, you might like to visit my model center at Suncoast Lakes, a beautiful 205 home site gated community located off Kings Hwy. Just two miles from I-75, minutes from downtown Punta Gorda, Charlotte Harbor and Port Charlotte Town Center we have a superb location, convenient to shopping, restaurants, entertainment, golf, water sports, and any other activity you enjoy. Maronda Homes offers a wide range of single family homes starting at $133,900. I would be delighted to show you our beautiful homes and community while you are here. If you would like additional information please don't hesitate to contact me directly or you can visit our website at http://www.maronda.com Sincerely, Alyson Byrne, Maronda Homes
Web Reference: http://www.maronda.com
Hi Lenora,
That so much depends on what lifestyle you want. What areas you like. I for one love Punta Gorda and Burnt Store Isles. Visit this area and drive around. Get a feel for this area. When people drive through Punta Gorda Isles and Burnt Store Isles, they are amazed by this area.

Genevieve Ramachandran
Punta Gorda Realty
Lenora,

We believe you have answered your own question.....plan a visit for the purpose of getting a feel for the area and the opportunities it presents .....not necessarily to buy!

Our recommendation is to expand your area to include Venice, Englewood, Rotonda West, North Port, Burnt Store, Punta Gorda etc. This will expand your options greatly and still keep you within 30 minutes of Port Charlotte.

The Eckler Team

Michael Saunders & Company
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
941-408-5363
Hi Lenora, Charlotte county is a beautiful place to live. You can always keep yourself busy by going to the beach picking up shark teeth and shells, shopping, golfing, hiking, bird watching, riding horses, boating and just socializing. I think you can get your best value from 771 along 775 and 776 in the Englewood, El Jobean, Cape Haze. area I can send you a map so you can do your homework too along with properties that you may want to look at. I would advise to stay away from some of the newer condo projects. Because of the associations are running out of money due to foreclosures. The home sales are selling 1/4 of the price that they were in 2006. Happy Home Hunting.
Kim Moore
ERA ADVANTAGE REALTY
941-270-1190
kimmoore2@embarqmail.com
Hi Lenora - In today's market, you can get a very good buy in this price range or less in different locations all around town, depending on your lifestyle and what you're wanting in your new home. For example, you can get something on the water with access to the Gulf of Mexico, or you can buy a spacious home in a golf course community. I would suggest that when you come down, take a tour to see all the different areas and find what feels best to you. We have a lot of shopping, restaurants, golf courses, beaches, boat ramps, etc. close by for convenience. If you would like some assistance in finding your ideal home, please contact me direct with your criteria and we can get started before you arrive next month. Thank you. Lorrie Tanksley, Coldwell Banker Sunstar Realty
Web Reference: http://www.HomeInSWFL.com
Hello Lenora,

My recommendation for Port Charlotte is in Section 15 which is a very desirable neighborhood conveniently located to shopping. You could also look for a home with powerboat Gulf Access in this price range as well.

Lenora, you should take a look at our search by map feature on our website at http://www.searchsuncoast.com to conduct your search OR you can feel free to call me at 941-875-9651 or email me at mj@suncoasteam.com to send you a list of properties that would meet your criteria and price range.

Good luck to you in your home search!

MJ Shetron
Realtor®

Suncoasteam Realty
941-875-9651 Office
941-268-1938 Cell
What type of neighborhood are you looking for? Gated, golfing, boating, etc

A few neighborhoods worth checking out in Charlotte county in that range are:
Deep Creek
Punta Gorda Isles-possible gulf access
Rotonda
Riverwood
Oyster Creek, Englewood
South Gulf Cove
Prairie Creek, Acreage
Kings Gate, 55+
Seminole Lakes

If you check out my website listed below I have detailed information on each community with pictures. Give me a call if you have any questions. I'd be glad to show you around.

The Moore Team
Shannon Moore, Broker-Associate, 941-276-8142
Roxanne Moore, Realtor, 941-626-3926
Tammy Archibald, Realtor, 941-564-8605
Fax, 941-870-9233
Re/Max Anchor Realty
14806 Tamiami Tr, North Port, FL 34286
twomoores19@comcast.net
http://www.TropicalFloridaProperty.com
Hello Lenora,

There are a number of good neighborhoods in Port Charlotte and it would depend on your particular preference as to whether you would like to live in a gated community or if you would like to be closer to the gulf beaches etc. If you contact me directly I would be happy to give you a tour of the area to help you decide on a neighborhood. I will look forward to hearing from you.

Anne Kyer
Coldwell Banker Sunstar Realty, Inc.
941-627-8128

Anne.Kyer@ColdwellBankerFlorida.com
Hi Lenora - well this is an open ended question and I'm sure you will get all types of answers but I've worked and lived in Port Charlotte now for almost 8 years. Some of the nice areas are but not limited too:

1. Rotonda
2. Punta Gorda Isles & Burnt Store Area
3. South Gulf Cove & Gulf Cove
4. Englewood
5. Collinswood Point
6. There are some gated communities that you might enjoy as well.

I'd be happy to assist you and provide info to you on Port Charlotte. To really be able to locate and zoned in one a particular area/(s) in Charlotte I would need to know what you are looking for in a home, what things you like to do in your spare time, etc... Let me know if I can be of service

Jason Stevens, REALTOR®, GRI, ABR
Real Estate Broker Associate
REOTrans Platinum Certified
Kevin Flynn Realty, Inc.
Email: jasonstevens@embarqmail.com
Cell - 941-662-0379
Home Office - 941-698-0973
Home Fax - 941-698-0973