Rizwan Ali, Home Buyer in 20171

What would be a conservative but fair offer for 13264 MIDDLETON FARM Ln, Herndon, VA 20171?

Asked by Rizwan Ali, 20171 Sat Aug 2, 2008

Answers

3
Janet M Lange’s answer
It always depends on the market. If the property is priced right, don't expect to discount the list price more than a couple of percentage points and get the contract! I advise my clients to offer not more than 4% off list price. If a property is listed at $500,000, you may be able to offer $495,000 and ask for as much as $15,000 in closing costs concessions (a discount of 4% or $20k). Expect a counter offer at full price and only $10-12k in closing cost concessions in this Northern Virginia spring market. I always run the sold comps for similar properties in the same neighborhood that have sold in the past month to inform my clients of current trends.

Always have a real estate agent represent you when you purchase a property. You pay nothing but save a bundle!
Here is some zip code information: http://www.mris.com/reports/stats/route.cfm; I also have a market snapshot feature on my web site (home page - the report is emailed back in minutes, but you'll need to provide your email to receive it) that is intended for sellers, but can be used by buyers, as well. If you do not already have an agent, I'd be happy to work with you, I often work in Herndon. The last home that was for sale in Middleton Farms @ just under $900K went under contract in only a few weeks, so it is priced right - you'll need to move quickly. Let me know if I can help.
Get a buyer's agent who knows the area well and will be able to represent you is the best advice I can give.