Home Buying in Yorktown>Question Details

Vicki Layne, Home Buyer in Chesapeake, VA

What will it cost to switch a house from septic that is already tapped into city sewer?

Asked by Vicki Layne, Chesapeake, VA Fri May 31, 2013

We are interested in buying a house that is on a septic system. The owner has already tapped into the city sewer line, but is still using the septic system.

If we buy the property, what will it cost us to switch over to the city sewer?
We want to find out the cost before we make an offer on the house.
The home is in Yorktown, Va.

Answers

3
I just did that last year in Seaford and the cost to run the line to the sewer connection and destroy the old septic system cost me about $ 23.00 per foot.. Just over a total of $2,300 not including the connection fee of $3,000 that had to be paid to York County.

If I can be of assistance with the purchase of the home, please give me a call at 757-812-0399.
If the owner has already tapped in the major expense has already been done. The tap fees in Yorktown have run into the $6k range. The only expenses that you will have will be running the sewer pipe from the street to the house, removing or retiring the current septic tank. The price could depend on the length of the pipe. The box cost is very standard with most septic tank companies. I would suggest calling a plumber and septic tank company.
I had that happen to me, in a previous lifetime:
Allowing for the differences is our areas; it was quite expensive. In my case, the quote was $30,000, and it was only a 75 foot run to the street.

Good luck with your decision