Home Buying in Lubbock>Question Details

Oabiolaladit…, Other/Just Looking in Lubbock, TX

What will be the best way that i can buy a house at Lubbock from outside the U.S.A

Asked by Oabiolaladitan, Lubbock, TX Wed Mar 28, 2012

Answers

2
Emily Medvec’s answer
Given you are outside the US, it would be helpful to begin working with a local Realtor in the Lubbock TX market with experience in using technology to communicate as well as working with international buyers. If you are a foreign buyer (and not a US Citizen) you will need to establish credit if your purchase requires financing. The best way to be begin would be to ask your Realtor (once you have one) for several referrals to lenders who can assist you if financing is required.
The best way is to make sure that you have financing approved with a local lender. While I can not speak on how other agent conduct their business, I will not work with an international buyer unless I can confirm that they do have their financing approved first. I would need to speak your lending institution first. At minimum would need to be in the United States, preferably locally in Lubbock. Because of online scams this is the only way that I feel comfortable working with an international buyer because I will be doing so much work, and I want to make sure my buyer is approved and real.

Once that has been confirmed and approved we can start to discuss what it is you are looking for in a home.

I can preview the home and post videos to youtube so you can get a sense of what the house looks like. I would be best if you could actually schedule a time to view the property before writing an offer or at least during the option period.

I have helped numerous out of town buyers purchase homes when they were not able to view the house. The last international deal that I did both buyer and seller where in different countries, Canada and Poland. Ironically enough the lead came from Trulia.

If you would like to move forward please do not hesitate to call me at oscara@coldwellbanker.com