Home Buying in Old Brooklyn>Question Details

Michelle Ven…, Home Buyer in Smithville, OH

What type of state report card do the Old Brooklyn schools have.?

Asked by Michelle Ventling, Smithville, OH Sun Jan 13, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3087014573-1240-Spring-Rd-Cle…

Answers

2
Wateringwheels’ answer
I have lived in Old Brooklyn for 23 years, and I am planning to stay. The schools are Cleveland Public Schools. The elementary schools, particularly William Cullen Bryant on Oak Park, are rated excellent and have won awards. The high school is James Ford Rhodes, and it is one of the best in the Cleveland school system, though I wouldn't rate it as high as I would, say, the Medina school system. However, there is a wonderful elementary/middle school charter school on State Road - Constellation Schools--and there are always parochial schools for high school students if you don't care to have them attend the public schools. If you are looking for the best areas of Old Brooklyn, look in these areas: South Hills area, in the Broadview/Schaaf Road region, is a lovely neighborhood; the area near Memphis and Ridge (north of Memphis, bordering on Brooklyn) is also a pleasant neighborhood. The Old Brooklyn Community Development Corporation located on Broadview Road, right near the Rite-Aid pharmacy near Pearl Road, can give you guidance, too.
I did check the rating on James Ford Rhodes and it is about a 6...which isn't that great compared to other schools in the county. I love the Old Brooklyn charm in many of the houses...but it's too bad their schools are needing improvement. Thanks for all your insight.
Flag Tue Apr 2, 2013
Flag Tue Apr 2, 2013
Flag Tue Apr 2, 2013
Michelle,

I work with all of Cleveland area and grew up in Ashland County so a little diffrent setting. Please contact me would be happy to discuss all your options and see if Old Brooklyn would be the best fit for you. Thank You, Chris Kaylor chrisckaylor@gmail.com 330-840-1073