Mmorris84, Home Buyer in 21215

What type of mortgage grant programs are available for first time home buyer, Baltimore city resident, state of Maryland employee etc ?

Asked by Mmorris84, 21215 Tue Mar 5, 2013

Answers

3
Mmoorris84,

Try going to mmprogram.com This shows you all the programs available. You also have programs specific to the Baltimore area such as City Lift, Vacant to Value, FHLB, and other resources. If you need some assistance, feel free to contact me

Rocsheen R. Holston
Realty Direct
301-917-5721
http://www.dmvmetrohomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 8, 2013
You have asked the $20,000-$30,000 question that keeps me in business. Right now there is a boatload of money waiting for the well prepared homebuyer. Most of them require that you attend HomeBuyer education before you enter into a contract (homebuyer education is a great idea whether or not you get free money for doing so); if you are buying in Baltimore City then you get this free education through a qualified Baltimore City non-profit housing counseling agency (the agencies for the county are different and the Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta has its own arrangement with a national nonprofit to do the education piece for that program). The most widely used programs are DSELP (through the State of Maryland's Community Development Administration (CDA), CDBG (through Baltimore City's Homeownership Center), Vacant to Value (City Homeownership Center), Federal Home Loan Bank ( through participating Lenders), City Lift (through Neighborhood Housing Services), Baltimore City Employee (City Homeownership Center), Healthy Neighborhoods, and the list goes on. Some of the programs have income limitations, some require that you are a true 1st time buyer, some that you haven't owned a home in 3 years, and some don't care if you've ever owned before as long as you intend to be an owner occupant. I hope that you will call me or a qualified agent to help you move forward with your plan. Get your boat ready, because as I said there's enough free money out there to load up.
4435060656
Flag Wed Mar 6, 2013
Do you have a contact number ? I need all the information I can get
Flag Wed Mar 6, 2013
CDA, FHLB, CITY LIFT, and LIVE NEAR YOUR WORK to name a few. With these grants you may be eligible for both down payment assistance and closing assistance. Each program has its own eligibility restrictions. For more information, fee free to give me a call.
Your best bet is to be put in touch with a loan officer affiliated with the programs and he will be able to go over your eligibility. Some of these grants can be used in conjunction if you qualify. Not all lenders can utilize these programs. If you would like to be put in touch with one who can, feel free to contact me at your leisure.
Flag Tue Mar 5, 2013
What do most of those programs letters stand for ? And I'll have to look into them once I find out what programs they are
Flag Tue Mar 5, 2013