Home Buying in Kansas City>Question Details

Mi.xiong, Home Buyer in Kansas City, KS

What type of grants are there for a first time home buyer? What are the minimum credit scores required? Will it work for Fannie Mae homepath homes?

Asked by Mi.xiong, Kansas City, KS Tue Apr 29, 2014

Answers

4
A great relationship you need to develop is with a local lender. Ask for recommedations and give several lenders a call to ask about your options. You are not obligated to a lender just because you call them. If they are pushy, just say no to them. You should never work with someone who makes you feel obligated. Be firm and direct and seek out the person you feel confident with after interviewing several people. It may help to be up front and say you are interviewing 3-5 people before decising on anyone lender.
2646 N 51st St, Kansas City, KS 66104
2646 N 51st St, Kansas City, KS 66104

This is the exact location I was looking at. Last time I check my credit score was 606. I would like more information on purchasing this home and which route would be best for me to take with my credit being as low as it is. The price is $36000.
The lowest credit scores lenders like myself are able to do, is a score of 580. If your scores are above 580, then you should have a chance when it comes to credit. Also there are other financial factors that would need to be analyzed including your income, expenses, assets, liabilities, debt, employment, down payment, as well as credit scores. If all of these factors are in place then you should be good to go. When it comes to grants, that depends on your area. Different areas can have different grant options. The best thing for you to do is to speak with a knowledgeable lender to see if you can get started on financing a new home. If you need additional assistance, feel free to reach out. Good luck!

Brian Nguyen
Sr. Mortgage Banker
NMLS # 659743
Phone: 949.667.2887
brian.nguyen@nafinc.com