Home Buying in Bergen County>Question Details

Jersey_tim, Home Buyer in 07605

What town would you recommend for 300-350K house? I want three bed two bath. Good neighbor. Also an express bus into the city no more than 1 hr ride.

Asked by Jersey_tim, 07605 Tue Mar 6, 2012

Answers

7
Hi Tim,
Chris again. Some great options below...E. Rutherford and Maywood. I don't cover this territory.
Ask to see total solds in the last year by price point. This will give you an idea of where your 300-350 range falls within the town. You don't want to be 'top dog" in any town.
Ask for sold history in the neighborhood. How much did neighboring homes sell for?
Seek the low-mid end of these stats.
Compare taxes for all towns you are considering.
Note: Towns on rail lines and ones with strong schools pull buyers. Something to consider for resale value.
Hope this helps!
Chris
I live in Bergenfield and have a 3/4BR, 2BA split level home that will be going on the market any day now. my street is quiet, the neighborhood is great and there's NYC buses just 2 blocks away! We're only 4 miles from the city too. you can walk to EVERYTHING - schools, parks, pond, shopping, etc.

here's some info on my home:

"spacious split-level home is on a quiet street in a family neighborhood and offers 3/4 bedrooms, 2 full baths and 2 kitchens. Large living room with bow window, formal dining room with French doors to sunroom filled with 5' sliding Andersen windows, updated kitchen with skylight, ground level with full second kitchen, full bathroom and bedroom/office with outside entry to private fenced yard. Lower level with family room, workshop and closets. Two attic storage spaces, one car garage. Great backyard for family play and entertaining. Walk to NYC transportation and schools. "

feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience - we are looking to sell/close within the next few months to coincide with the end of the school year.

thanks!
BFhouse4Sale@verizon.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 2, 2012

I am familiar with many towns that are in your price range and close to transportation. I would be happy to speak with you about them. You may reach me at 201-965-1080 or at dsahlberg@weichert.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Dana sahlberg
Hi Tim. You definitely should consider Maywood. We are a small, friendly town where everyone knows one another. Your price range can buy you a nice house. We are by every major highway and there are NYC buses throughout the town. We are minutes away from major malls and we have a street with everything you need: banks, post office, pizza places, chinese take out, restaurants, grocery store, fish market, dry cleaners, laundramat, hair stylists, nail places, and on and on. Our school system is great and our taxes are still reasonable. I live in Maywood and raised my 2 children here. It's truly a one of a kind town.
Web Reference: http://gentryrealty.com
Good morning,

I have sold houses in that price range in, Hedgerows, ,DuMont, Little Ferry, I sold a short sale in Rutherford for $345,000, east Rutherford and there are a few more.towns that if your agent checks every day could find you a short sale or foreclosure , could find you a house in that price range.

If you have additional questions and will like sb agent to find you the house your looking for in the town you wants, please call me@ 201-406-8015.

Andrea Alummootil
BRONZE AWARD CIRCLE OF EXCELLENCE 2011
LIBERTY REALTY LLC
LIBERTYREALESTATE.COM
Hi Tim,
I like Midland Park. solid resale value, safe environment, pride of ownership. Another option is Waldwick. You don't mention school systems. Is this a factor? Also bus only? Is the train an option?
Call me if you'd like to discuss.Or send your email address and I can forward options.
Chris Gubb
201-362-6344
Keller Williams Village Square
Ridgewood, NJ
Tim call me I'll put you in contact with a great agent in your area .....Josephine 732-685-5973 Keller Williams Realty