Home Buying in Chatham>Question Details

Wayne Snelley, Home Buyer in Rio Rancho, NM

What town on the Cape has the lowest property tax?

Asked by Wayne Snelley, Rio Rancho, NM Sat Apr 21, 2012

Answers

6
Hi Wayne,

Delighted to see that you are inquiring about Chatham Real Estate - you might find this list helpful as you search for a New home.

List of Cape Cod Real Estate Tax Rates by Town

Happy to help you if you are still seeking a Broker that can help you negotiate a great deal locally.

Kindly,

Deirdre
Chatham... $4.45 per 1000 of assessed value
Hi Wayne

Chatham has the lowest tax rate...$4.45 followed by Dennis at $5.88 and Orlaeans at $5.91.

At the other end of the spectrum are Sandwich at $12.74 and Bourne at $9.12 per thousand.

Hope this is a help!

As Sunny Fellman has said below...we do have very special lovely properties in Chatham that are occupied only seasonally. To find out more about Chatham and especially about golf on Cape Cod, please visit my website http://www.ChathamByTheSeaWithEvelyn.com .

Evelyn
Hi Wayne,

The answer below is correct, Chatham has the lowest tax rate which is $4.45. Part of the reason for this is because Chatham also has some of the highest valued property on the Cape with many waterfront and water view properties, and has a lower year round population requiring less use of town services.

Chatham is a wonderful town with so much to offer; in addition to having the lowest tax rate! I am a full time Realtor assisting Buyers and Sellers in Chatham and the surrounding towns of Harwich, Brewster, and Orleans. Please feel free to use the link below to visit my website and search for homes that my interest you. Please don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of service to you.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

-Sunny Fellman
Realtor, SRES, RSPS
Kinlin Grover Real Estate
Chatham, MA
508-776-2692
sfellman@kinlingrover.com
Ok lowest property tax and some of the capes most expensive real estate. But worth it.
Hi Wayne,

I believe Chatham has the lowest tax rate on the Cape at $4.45 per $1,000, followed by Dennis at $5.87 per $1,000 and Orleans at $5.91 per $1,000.

I hope this helps, feel free to contact me anytime with anymore questions you might have.

Susie

Susie Furman
Senior Associate
Robert Paul Properties
sfurman@robertpaul.com