Peter, Other/Just Looking in Outside U.S.

What town in central Jersey has the cheapest taxes on houses?

Asked by Peter, Outside U.S. Sun Aug 14, 2011

Preferably looking for a town not too far from Old Bridge with low or moderate taxes.

Answers

5
NONE, IT'S NEW JERSEY. YOU WANT CHEAP TAXES MOVE OUT OF THE STATE!
Depends what is your definition of low and moderate? There are sections in Old Bridge with under 6k taxes for a 300,00 house. Now the next question would be, what is your budget? Old Bridge is very big and its surrounding towns, Sayreville and Matawan have very good taxes depending on your price range.
I heard an expert on education say that your childs education depends on how much you can afford to pay for a house in New Jersey. This is really true. My advice is buy the least expensive home in the towns with the best schools.

Also many homes may be ripe for a real estate tax appeal. Attend one of my classes and I will show you how to evaluate those.

Buy now....prices are heading up and interest rates may follow the end of this year. Read the December FED meetimg notes.
You should look into Englishtown and Keansburg , both are within 15 minute drive of Old Bridge. I wish you the best of luck in your hunt !!
Parlin,NJ & some of Sayreville I've found very reasonable.