Liz, Home Buyer in Harrington Park, NJ

What town in Bergen county would have the best schools I was looking in Norwood, Harrington Park, Closter, Oradell. Easy commute to NYC with public tr

Asked by Liz, Harrington Park, NJ Thu Sep 12, 2013

Answers

6
Hi Liz,

I found this site very useful when searching for schools http://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/new-jersey‎. You can search for all schools you have mentioned and find that they are highly ranked.
As for easy commute to NYC, Harrington Park has a bus station with express as well as local bus line running to and from Harrington Park to Port Authority Also, there is a NJ Transit Train which runs through some of the Pascack Valley towns, Montvale, Park Ridge, Woodcliff Lake, Westwood, Oradell, River Edge. Hope this information is helpful. Email me directly if you would like more information, mary.laviola@era.com.
Hello Liz, Am certain all mentioned are very good schools but we have some excellent bordering schools here in Rockland like Pearl River, Nanuet, Suffern(Ramapo) that have outstanding Schools, If interested please get in touch. Allan
Hey Liz. I live in Glen Rock and have a 4th grader in Byrd Elementary. My wife and I are very pleased with the curriculum, the level of his performance and the level of communication that we receive from his teachers. Most schools in Bergen are highly ranked. I would also take a look at http://www.greatschools.com for a second opinion and look at some of the feedback from the parents.

Feel free to contact me with any financing needs when the time comes.

Ryan McPartland
Chase Private Client Mortgage Banker
646-522-6340 cell
212-717-5902 office
ryan.j.mcpartland@gmail.com
As Alan said we are not permitted to steer you towards particular towns. You need to sort out neighborhoods on your own. You can find many rankings out there of the best schools, the best neighborhoods, and best area to live in. What you need to do is your own research. NJ state rankings are a good place to start: http://education.state.nj.us/pr/. After you find some towns that meet your school criteria you should find out more about the town and what it has to offer. Once you have settled on a few towns start working with an agent in that area that can help you find the right place. Good luck with your search. Bergen County has so much to offer so I am sure you will find a community that meets all of your needs.
It's a really open-ended question that can have dozens of different opinions. It really depends on what criteria you base your question on -- test scores, SAT results, college acceptance percentages, etc. The NJ State Report Card uses these and other data such as percentage of masters degrees of the teaching staff, percentage of budget going into instructional classroom needs, number of pupils in each classroom at each grade level, etc. My husband and I, for instance, raised my kids in Teaneck, and found that they all got a terrific education in our public schools, filled with innovative teaching, small class sizes and opportunities for each to shine in and out of the classroom, and their success as young adults in both college and the workplace proves us right.. Did they do well at all grade levels -- of course not, but my feeling as a parent and former member of the Board of Education is that if the opportunities are there in the schools and both parents & their children focus on taking advantage of he opportunities, the children will do well in the huge majority of Bergen County school districts.

Barbara Ostroth
Coldwell Banker RE/Oradell
201-965-3105 cell
http://www.BarbaraOstroth.com
Hey there Liz!

As agents, we're not allowed to answer your question, unfortunately.

However! I can send you to this: http://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/new-jersey

That will give you a better idea as to the rankings.

If you're looking to buy a home in the Harrington Park, Norwood, Closter, or Oradell area, I'd be glad to send you a list of ones that fit your criteria, such as price, # of bedrooms, # of baths, etc.

If this works for you, please call me at 201-815-0943 or email me at alankong.kw@gmail.com.

Thanks so much and I hope to hear from you :D

Alan
I can introduce you to the superintendent of schools in Woodcliff Lake. My 3 kids went through the school system. All 3 attended excellent high schools based on the preparation they received at the Dorchester Elementary and Woodcliff Middle School. One son went to Don Bosco Prep HS on a full scholarship. The other 2 children attended Bergen County Academies in Hackensack, a very challenging magnet school. Contact me for more information about the variety of schools available in Bergen County.
Flag Mon Apr 7, 2014