Home Buying in Park Slope>Question Details

Noodles2003, Real Estate Pro in Park Slope, Brooklyn,...

What the best way to find out how much recent 1BR luxury condos have closed for? I'm interested in buying a new condo in Park Slope - they are

Asked by Noodles2003, Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY Sun Nov 8, 2009

asking $545000 - and I'd like to know how much I to offer.

Answers

2
Dear Noodles2003,

Buying a home is one of the biggest and most important decisions you will make. It is impossible for me to tell you if the price is high, unless you can tell me which buiding you are thinking about purchasing in. I looked around but most condo/coop in Park Slope varies in price. I would suggest that you work with a real estate agent, we are usually effective in negotiating the price for buyers. There is no cost to you if you have an agent represent you. Condo's vary in prices from one building to next primarily because of amenities such as parking, laundry, gyn, doorman, pool, maintainence, age of the building, tax abatements, etc. You should decide what amount works for you and negotiate the price. The asking price is not set in stone.

Good luck to you. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any additional questions. I would be happy to assist you in securing a home for yourself.

Nirmala Caraballo
Real Estate Agent
Cruse Realty
Tel.: 646-479-7873
E-mail: nhcaraballo@yahoo.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 8, 2009
This is a one of the primary functions of a buyers agent. They can run comps for you. Do you have an agent that you're working with? If you do not and need a referral, I know a few Brooklyn agents, I can see if any of them work in the Park Slope area. Just email me if you'd like a referral - vchrisner@kw.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 8, 2009