Home Buying in Tucson>Question Details

Trulia Tucson, Other/Just Looking in Tucson, AZ

What should you bring with you to closing?

Asked by Trulia Tucson, Tucson, AZ Tue Apr 30, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


If you have an agent representing you, bring them! I attend all of my client's closings, and also preview the settlement statement before I go, to make sure it aligns with the contract. Also, bring a cashier's check if you owe funds, and your identification.


Kat Tyree, Long Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 30, 2013
Number one, your agent to help explain things that you may have questions about or things that happened for the escrow agent. Two pieces of government ID, picture ID's are preferred. Certified funds check for any amount owed. All parties that are signing and a good nature/attitude as you are about to be a home owner. Congratulations.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 1, 2013
Check with your title/escrow officer. Usually they want a picture ID for notary purposes and a cashiers check for the necessary amount. It's really best to check with the title company before you go !!! Congratulations !!!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 30, 2013
In most cases it is total impossible to read the enormous amount of papers that will be put in front of you to sign. You should always read and UNDERSTAND what it is you are signing. You have the right to see that paperwork beforehand. If you request a copy of the documents before you go to signing, you can look them over, read them and have all questions prepared. I have done this many times for my buyers. You can also make sure your loan officer will be available for questions, at the lease by phone because they are the only ones that can answer loan document questions. Also ask the loan officer beforehand what to expect in the paperwork. They can at the lease prepare you. When you see more than one interest rate, you will know why. So what to bring besides ID and the funds; prepared questions.

Kat Carr
Homes of the Old Pueblo
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 30, 2013
Don't forget your drivers license or another form of government identification! If you decide not to wire funds, you will need to bring in a certified check. Also, your agent and loan officer are good to have to answer any questions, dot the i's and cross the t's. Happy Signing!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 30, 2013
To most closings you need to bring two pieces of some kind of government ID with pictures on them. You also need to bring certified funds for the amount due for closing costs and down payment due. It also helps to bring a little patience and a good attitude as this is a big step in your future. Good Luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 30, 2013
Your agent.

Both sellers or buyers should be in touch with the title company in regards to what they need to bring. Normally it is two forms of ID like drivers license, something with a picture) and cashiers check for the buyers.


Spirit Messingham, PLLC
3rd Generation Full-Time Realtor®
Tierra Antigua Realty
Direct (520) 471-6900
Fax (866) 365-5208
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 30, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer