Home Buying in Wayland>Question Details

Shana L., Home Buyer in Wayland, MA

What should one make on average for income to live in Wayland MA? Comfortably affording mortgage of coarse.

Asked by Shana L., Wayland, MA Tue Jun 19, 2012

Answers

3
Marilyn Messenger, CRS, ABR’s answer
Incomes and housing prices vary in Wayland - the highest percentage of households earn between 75K and 99K but many of those homeowners who bought years ago would probably not be able to afford a home in Wayland today. Housing prices range from 189K to 14 million - the median price is $772,000; and houses on the lower end are either small, on busy roads, need work (which also costs), or all three.

The amount you are qualified to borrow depends on a number of factors - your credit, down payment, employment history as well as income. The first step is to contact a mortgage broker to discuss what you can afford, then you can decide which town will make sense for you. Interest rates are low and housing prices are going up, so now is the time to buy if you can!

I sell in Wayland, Sudbury, and all of the towns west of Boston, so let me know if you need a buyer broker to help.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 20, 2012
There is affordable housing to multi million dollar homes in Wayland. The income one makes has nothing to do with living within ones means. If all else fails Obama will take care of you.
Shana...just like other towns, Wayland has a variety of home prices starting most likely in the upper 300's to several million. I would recommend working with a buyer's agent who can recommend mortgage professionals to discuss your income to debt ratios, affordability and still have a quality of life! I would be happy to help if interested. You may reach me at 508 648 0393 or LHagopian@hammondre.com.
Lynne Hagopian Realtor and Certified Buyers Agent