Home Buying in Doylestown>Question Details

Frank Dolski…, Real Estate Pro in Lahaska, PA

What search features are most importnat for buyers, sellers and investors when searching for Real Estate?

Asked by Frank Dolski Associate Broker, Lahaska, PA Wed Aug 5, 2009

It is a fact that more consumers are going to the web when searching for a home or just to find out information about the market. Buyers have become much more educated with the amount of information that is featured on the web. Therefore, what features are most important when searching a website?

Answers

4
Personally, I think being able to search on a particular school is invaluable. I don't just mean district. Being able to input the name of a school and then bring up homes for sale within that catchment area, is ideal for someone (like myself) who doesn't want to uproot their kids. I have found that there are very few websites that offer this facility.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 5, 2009
Hi Soulwindows,
Yes, days on market are typically critical but as the market has changed, so has the average days on market. Price reductions and new listings that meet your criteria is also important. Pricing a home correctly is much more critical today as if incorrectly priced; the days on market could be more than a year. Every area and location differs. If you are actively looking and are working with a realtor, they can set up automatic criteria searches that show price reductions, new listings and more. If you are not working with a realtor and are interested in information, I'd be glad to send it to you. Websites such as Zillow and others have aerial views of homes/areas. Sites such as Google earth and Bing are great sites for aerial views of areas.
I appreciate your feedback and if there is anything else that you want to add to help me better understand and help buyers and sellers would be appreciated. I

Thanks for your input!

Frank Dolski

Frank Dolski
Associate Broker
Coldwell Banker Hearthside Realtors-Lahaska
215-803-3237
f.dolski@cbhearthside.com
Web Reference: http://www.FrankDolski.com
Hi Kim,
Thanks for your response and yes there are many factors when choosing a home. Location is one of them as well as specific schools or districts. As an associate broker/realtor, I have the capability through TREND MLS to search for homes within a specific elementary, middle or high school in all public school districts within a pretty large area. I had buyers who only wanted to be within a specific middle school in the Doylestown area and another set of buyers who had to be in a certain middle school in Buckingham. Both found homes and their reasoning was the same. I'll have to check and see if there are any public sites that are available but I'd be more than happy to send you homes in any given area, even if you may not be looking. You may also go to my website link below and research a few of the websites that I have set up for school criteria.
Please feel to contact me at no obligation.

Frank

Frank Dolski MBA, ABR, e-PRO
Associate Broker
215-803-3237
f.dolski@cbhearthside.com
Web Reference: http://www.frankdolski.com
Days on market, any price reductions, and ability to zoom in on a map to view if near busy road, high tension wires, etc.