Home Buying in Dayton>Question Details

Olive, Home Buyer in Dayton, OH

What's your opinion of buying a house in Linden Heights? I can't find any listed as sold & there

Asked by Olive, Dayton, OH Wed Apr 15, 2009

about 81 for sale. I'm worried about investing in the area.

Answers

1
Sw Ohio’s answer
Olive, my house on Bowen St is for sale (through a Realtor) and has been listed since early January with no offers. A house 4 doors away from me sold for about $95,000 at the end of April. The area around St. Anthony's church is a pretty nice neighborhood - lots of folks out walking their dogs, pushing their baby strollers, etc. Access to Rte 35, I-75, and I-675 is easy and quick. My daughter was living in the house until the end of April and I moved in during May. It wasn't in bad shape, just a little neglected because she was so busy. Since I moved in, I've spent about $3K on improvements and am continuing work on it. The houses are marvelous - mine was built in 1918 and is solid as a rock. The woodwork and stained glass windows are irreplaceable and you just can't find workmanship like that anymore. The list price is $84,900 (basically what is owed since we bought at the top of the market in 2005) but that's overpriced now. I'm trying to find out about short sale from my mortgage company and need to work more closely with my Realtor on marketing strategies since I really want to sell and move more toward the Miamisburg area. I'd suggest working with a Realtor who does a lot of work in Linden Heights and determining what the correct price would be for properties you're interested in. Then get out and look and make an offer! There are a lot of nice homes in Linden Heights.