Home Buying in Muskogee>Question Details

Sharolyn Wel…, Other/Just Looking in Muskogee, OK

What's the shortest time between contract and closing? Not a short sale. regular sale.

Asked by Sharolyn Wells, Muskogee, OK Wed Jan 25, 2012

I'm a novelist. I have a book I'm working on in which the main character's mother's house burned down. Her daughter (my main character) is in the hospital. She has to have someone with her when she's released. The mother decides to buy a new house. She's going to pay cash.

Answers

6
In OKLAHOMA attorneys are not required and neither are inspections if it is a CASH deal. The abstract brought up to date is the only requirement if you want it to be done right.

Stacy
1-2 weeks would be a good range to work from Sharolyn. Depending on Title and any other insurance or inspections. As well as if the buyer has funds liquid and ready to be transferred. In my area of Pennsylvania, Attorneys are not required to close the transaction.

Good luck with your book,

Rob
If she's having an inspection, allow a day or so for that and then 3-4 days for the title search. I'd say a week would be good. Have heard of a cash deal closing in as little as 3 days when everything was in order. Love it when novelists do their research. Sounds like it will be a good book.
A cash sale can be done as soon as 5 days depending on how long it takes the abstract company to bring the abstract up to date. But total time should be less than 2 weeks.

Stacy
Hi Sharolyn,

Since it is a cash purchase, the shortest period will depend on the attorneys representing the buyer and the seller, if this practice is customary in your state wherein each party is represented by his own closing attorney.

Another consideration would be the home inspection contingency date. In Connecticut, the contingency date can take within 10 to 14 days from the date of the fully-executed contract.

The local professionals who will be involved in the transaction can best answer your question. My response is just to give you an idea.

Best.

Maria
Depending On Your state ( I'm in Illinois), it could take a couple of weeks after the attorney approval and home inspection issues have been resolved. The seller's attorney usually orders a survey company to go to the home and stake out where the property lines our, then they get a report over to the attorney. The titile company does a search to make sure that there aren't any leins on the home, this just takes a couple of days, and if the seller has any loans, the attorney needs to get with the banks and get payoffs. If all goes well, in the best of circumstances, it could be a week or two..... Love to read your novel when finished....
Mary Jo Posterli
maryjo.fioreposterli@cbexchange.com