Home Buying in Floral Park>Question Details

Rupa, Home Buyer in Queens Village, NY

What's the property tax like in Floral Park Village compared to Queens Village NY?? Thanks

Asked by Rupa, Queens Village, NY Sat Dec 10, 2011

Answers

6
Brigid Marmorowski’s answer
Queen Village is not an actual Village just the name of the town. It is located in Queens County just next to Bellerose. As for Floral Park Village it is actually an Incorporated Village located in Nassau. Floral Park is divided into a few sections Queens, and then a few sections in Nassau County (please contact me for further clarification). Taxes in Queens Village are anywhere between 1500-3500 and in Floral Park Village taxes including general, school and village tax can range between 8,500-15,000 or even higher on some of the very large homes.

Living in the Village of Floral Park certainly has its perks and depending on your budget and needs it may be something that you would see a great value in. Living in a Village brings more then just higher taxes it brings Village Ordinances, as well as Village Police force, garbage removal and snow removal, street sweeping, etc.

As a local Realtor, I would be happy to assist in your home search in Floral Park or other surrounding communities. I have been selling real estate for over 6 years and can provide referrals from both sellers and buyers.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 21, 2012
Here's the real answer from a Floral Park Realtor. The difference is that Queens pays NYC property tax, Floral Park Village pays TWO taxes. Nassau County Property Tax AND Village Taxes. You may not already know this but not all of Floral Park is in the village and not all of Floral Park is actually in Nassau County.

Living in the Village of Floral Park certainly has its perks and makes it well worth the extra tax we pay to live here. We have our own police force, garbage removal and snow removal. Remember that winter last year when all those city residents couldn't get out of their homes because their streets weren't plowed? We didn't have that problem. Our village snow removal continued as soon as it started to fall and that's just the way it is every snow.

I would be more than happy to help you find a home in the Floral Park area if you are interested. I live here too so I know just about everything you'd want to know about the area.

Michelle Krapf
The Donnelly Group
142 Plainfield Avenue, Floral Park, NY 11001
516-592-3423
michellek@thedonnellygroup.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 15, 2012
Floral Park Village has much higher taxes than Queens Village and Floral Park, Queens for that matter. This is because you're not only paying state taxes, but village taxes as well. Also naturally you are going to pay a different amount of taxes depending on the size of your home and lot. Any upgrades to the home can result in a higher tax rate as well.
Property taxes do vary based on exact location, property size, upgrades, schools, local amenities, county, etc.; for any tax related information, it's always a good idea to check with the local tax assessor's office. If looking to buy, do consider working with an agent of your own, he/she can provide any necessary information among other things. For available area properties check out http://www.mlsli.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 11, 2011
Sorry, that was not meant for you.
Flag Fri Sep 27, 2013
My goodness, you're obnoxious!
Flag Fri Sep 27, 2013
Taxes are generally based on the value of the property & if it new construction or old, however taxes in Queens are much lower than Long Island.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 10, 2011
Rupa,
I'm not positive and I'm sure you will get other answers but I have acquaintances in Floral Park and I remember them saying that their taxes were higher in Floral Park than places in Queens that were just a few blocks away.
Thats is true. South from Hillside Ave is more tax. How do I know? Realtor in neighbourhood and surrounding living since 15+ years.
Flag Tue May 19, 2015