Home Buying in Cypress>Question Details

Qiang Fei, Home Buyer in Cypress, TX

What's the most desirable neighborhoods in Cypress? Will 100K - 150K get me a good house in those neighborhoods?

Asked by Qiang Fei, Cypress, TX Wed Jun 29, 2011

I am looking for a house less than 150k, with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and 1500 sqf in a good school district. Preferably it is in a move in condition by August 1st. I am also willing to look at foreclosed homes.

Answers

7
I ,myself live in Cypress and am extremely pleased with the growth that has happened in the last few years. The Cy-Fair school district continues to build great, new schools to keep up with the growth in the area . Whether or not you have children, it is very important to purchase in a good school district for re-sale purposes.
There are numerous sud-divisions that may suit your needs. If you are looking for an August 1st move in, foreclosures are probably not you best bet. They typically take longer to close.
Please feel free to contact me if you have further questions or concerns.
Best of luck in your searc,
Brenda J. Wilie
Prudential Gary Greene
HI Qiang!

I just sold a new home near Cypress with 100% financing...only $500 down. It's a great neighborhood, in the Cy-fair school district, plus super low taxes. Also, I am a Texas Affordable Housing Specialist, and know where you can find affordable housing. Contact me if you'd like more info.

Vanessa Castillo, Realtor, TAHS
How would I contact you ?
Flag Tue May 24, 2016
There are plenty of neighborhoods in the Cypress area that would most definitely fit your needs and of course the Cy-Fair school district is great! The best thing for you do to is drive around on the weekends and see what neighborhoods you feel comfortable in. Get out and talk to the neighbors, they are very friendly and don't mind talking about their neighborhood-good and bad. You will be amazed at what you can learn from just engaging with them.. AnnMarieGargano-Parks.com
Hi Quiang.

If you are looking for really good schools and nice amenities, your best best in that price range will be Fairfield. I have recently posted a few video reviews about the pros and cons of Fairfield (along with a few other Cypress area communities) on my Cy-Fair Real Estate website.

http://cyfairrealestate.com/blog/tag/fairfield/

There are currently over 30 homes in Fairfield at $150k or less.

http://cyfairrealestate.com/idx/?idx-q-Areas=Fairfield%25&am…

Please let me know if you have any questions about homes in the Cypress area! 832-303-1018

Thanks!
Web Reference: http://cyfairrealestate.com
Two communities where you can get in your price range are Westgate and Cypress Ridge.
Web Reference: http://www.2Casa.com
You can find GREAT neighborhoods and houses within your price range in Cypress, and in several different areas! We have one of the top-rated school districts here...Cypress Fairbanks ISD, and surrounding school districts are all rated exemplary, so whether you are in Cypress, or Katy, or Northwest Houston, the school districts are good. There is a selection of resales and new construction within your criteria, both one-story and two. If there is anything I can do to help, please give me a call at (832)275-8949.
Qiang, a good realtor will be able to give you a list of homes available in the area that fit your criteria. One thing you should know is that depending on where in Cypress you are buying, you may be eligible for 100% Financing under the USDA loan program.

The USDA program is a favorite of mine. Here are some highlights of the program:

Home must be in a USDA eligible area which can be verified via this link: http://eligibility.sc.egov.usda.gov/eligibility/welcomeAction.do

Finance full purchase price plus closing costs up to 103.5% of the appraised value with or without seller concessions
No cap on seller concessions, if seller is not paying closing costs, they can be rolled into the loan amount up to 103.5% of appraised value, not sales price. Great on foreclosures.
One lien, no down payment assistance required
No post-closing reserve requirements
Not limited to first time home buyers
Finance needed property improvements into loan amount up to 103.5% of “After Repaired Value” (case by case, contact me for details)
NO MORTGAGE INSURANCE: That means lower payments than FHA
Full doc only, must have stable work history (2+ years)
Self-Employed borrowers okay with 24 month average income
620 minimum credit score
No open collections, charge offs, judgments or tax liens
No pre-pay penalty
30 year fixed rates
Primary residence only
Available for SFR’s, condos & town-homes only, No mobile homes or multi-family properties

This is also a Moderate Income loan program so there are income limits that are determined by what county you are buying in and how many people will be in your household but the limits are fairly liberal.

I have been closing USDA loans for the last 6 years so if you would like more details on how to qualify for this loan please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Elliott R. Oliva
Mortgage Banker - NMLS lic. #353884
Envoy Mortgage, LTD.
512.825.8309 direct