Home Buying in North Reading>Question Details

Thekindling, Renter in

What's the commute like from North Reading to East Cambridge? Too far from commuter rail? Should I drive or park at the closest train station?

Asked by Thekindling, Mon Dec 9, 2013

Answers

4
I worked in Cambridge for 2 years, in Kendall square. I left at 9AM pretty much every morning and on average it would take me 45 minutes. I usually would leave work around 6:30 or so.

In fact with those hours I gather my commute is much better than my current job in the 128 area. Traffic on 128 gets worse and worse.
It all depends on the time of day that you're commuting. Night commutes will be a lot easier than commuting during morning/afternoon. From my own personal experience, I would allot at least an hour each way if using the commuter rail, a little more incase there is an issue with the commuter rail and/or MBTA. If you're driving during peak times, the commute could possibly be longer. However it's all a day by day, and case by case basis , depending on time, weather etc...

If you have a work day off, why not "test" the commute time either via the commuter rail and/or driving, so that you'd be able to experience the commute yourself.
Good Afternoon,
If you drive to Cambridge in the morning you will be caught in traffic. You can always take the train in Wilmington. I know North Reading very well. I worked for the USPS for over four years.
The closet stop would be either Leachmere or Central Square. I would be driving.