Home Buying in Brooklyn>Question Details

jdv, Other/Just Looking in

What's the best way to find a reputable and highly experienced Buyer Agent (in Brooklyn)?

Asked by jdv, Mon Nov 26, 2007

Besides personal referals from friends and family, that is. I'd like to find some candidates for a buying agent who is very experienced in Brooklyn, NY. Any advice is much appreciated.

Answers

7
Sarah’s answer
Go to Open Houses and to Real Estate Offices in the area you are looking for a home for and see whom you like when you talk to people. Or browse realtors websites and check out the BIOS of the agents and see if you have anything in common with their backgrounds or former jobs.
Best of luck, Sarah
http://www.elliman.com/sarp
Web Reference: http://www.elliman.com/sarp
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 14, 2007
Hi Jdv:

By the way, Aileen serves Brooklyn. You should start with her!

Sylvia
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Novato, CA
start attending open houses and get to know them; interview the agents; I know of one, whom I really liked as I was taking a buyer around Brooklyn.
Use the web and/or call agents in the area and interview with lots of questions. Don't forget to ask the agent for his referrals and/or testimonials from past clients. Then make sure you follow up with them to get their feed back on the agent.

Question ... Why do you not want to use the referrals from friends and family? They usually can give you best info on a realtor they have USED. I understand if they are just refering a friend or another family member. In any case, interview and ask lots of questions.
jdv:

If you really can't find anybody who you can trust, the relocation director in my company will be able to help you. Her sole job is to help our clients find the realtors to work with when they move out of town. Her service has received rave reviews among the agents - and we are the #1 company in Marin so we have lots of relocations in and out of the area.

Just another resource.
,
Sylvia
You might try this website, you can browse agents and see what their experience is in your area. Good luck.
The best thing to do is do what you are doing. Contiue to ask around and look to your friends, co-workers, etc. and ask who they have used. Most will know someone who did a good job. Also, get online and do a search for an agent who carrieds the ABR (Accredited Buyer Representative) designation - that will show that the person cares enough about education to get the designation to set them selves apart from the crowd. Also, you may want to look for a CRS (Certified Residential SPecialist) as they will have more experience in the market.

Just interview and ask a lot of questions - you will find the right one. Good Luck!