sarichar, Home Buyer in Boston, MA

What's the best way to find a buyer's agent with a wide geographic reach? We like a lot of areas in Middlesex County and also Andover.

Asked by sarichar, Boston, MA Tue Aug 7, 2012

Budget is up to $650k. Want to be less than 25 miles from Boston and approx hour or less from Fitchburg (parents live there). Also need a commuter rail station close by. Want the train commute to be under an hour. Space wise would want at least 2000 sq ft. Location is high priority.

Answers

10
We are an exclusive buyer brokerage serving the State of Massachusetts consistently ranked in the top 5 buyer brokers in the State. We can definitely help you find a property in the location you mention. Our tailored service has saved home buyers millions in their home purchases.

Contact us anytime and we can explain in detail how we can help.

To get you started here is every listing in Andover:
http://territory.com/search?search_string=ANDOVER&min_pr…

Other areas to consider:
Acton
Concord
Carlisle

Territory.com
Massachusetts Premier Buyer Brokerage
I am a relocation specialist in the Metro West area. I cover Newton, Wellesley, Weston, Wayland, Natick, Framingham, Marlborough, Southborough, Northborough, Hopkinton, Holliston, Shrewsbury, and Hudson. All of these communities are within an hour driving distance to Fitchburg and many of them have a commuter rail in town or the next town over. Please feel free to call me and discuss further what you are looking for.

Deb Feldman
508-277-3596
Hammond Residential
You can find them here in Trulia, Realtor.com and many other sites. I would then talk to a few Realtors to see who you are comfortable with. I would then pick only one broker/agent that is going to focus and put in the time and effort needed in order to help you meet your goal-s. We all have access to different databases as well as the most updated information in properties, market shares, market values etc.. I'd also make sure the agent you pick is tech savvy as technology has come a long way and is a great tool for agents to use, specially when they get out of their "normal radius", so they can learn and get more data, should they need to, about a specific town/city. We for example cover the Middlesex county but have have covered areas from Plymouth to Worcester for clients so I am sure you will find one to help you.
Wen - info@wenrealty.com
Web Reference: http://www.wenrealty.com
There are plenty of agents that can cover the geographic area you are considering. I myself cover Essex county and Northern Middlesex County. I am located in Tewksbury whcih is very central to the areas you may be looking in.
Most Realtors® have access to information in a large geographic area and most service the entire area but none are “experts” over a large area. The majority of Realtors® concentrate their efforts in the area they serve in their particular community, part of the reason they are experts in this area because they know the street names, schools and school ratings, politics and issues facing the community, shopping areas, Amtrak schedule, post office location, can even recommend many trades and specialist in the area by first and last name, know when and where little league sign-ups are for spring baseball, and may even know the butchers kids name. There is a huge difference between working in a community and living & working in a community! If I where you I would use a Realtor® close to the geographic area where I would want to live, there is nothing which states you can’t use 2 or 3 Realtors® in your search just be forthcoming about why you are working with several. If you sign an exclusive buyer’s agency agreement and you desire to work with more than 1 Realtor® make sure it is only valid for the homes that are shown to you by that particular Realtor®. Good Luck in your search!
Your question is how to find a buyer's agent who covers a wide area that you are interested in. You might start by making a circle on a map of that area (sounds like along the Route 2 corridor out as far as 495). Then look at agents in the center of that circle. They will most likely be the ones who have covered that radius.

As others have said, most agents will cover a large distance, but this method will likely produce agents who have experience in the all towns you like.

Next, if you know someone who lives in that area, you could ask for a recommendation. Or interview agents like those of us on this page, all of whom meet your geographic requirements, to find someone you feel comfortable with and who demonstrates competence as a buyers agent.

Good luck to you in your home search. It's a great time to buy!

Deb
That would be me. I not only sell, but also appraise homes for many lenders. I cover many communities and have a great understanding of the individual markets.

I am happy to discuss things with you further when you have the time. I am partial of the better communities as they typically have the better school systems and retain their values even in a down market. Belmont, Concord, Lexington, Needham, Newton, Wellesley, Winchester to name a few.

Louis

617-799-3326
Hi..I suggest you search an agent that covers most of your requested territory that will include Andover. Most of us will travel outside our office areas trying to find clients the best home that suits their needs. I have been working the MetroWest area where we have the commuter rail to Boston in many towns such as Westborough, Southborough, Natick, Framingham, Wellesley, Auburndale and Newton. Most of these towns fall in the "under an hour" commute. The further out you go from Boston the more square footage you will get for your price range with more land and neighborhood atmosphere. Would you like me to send you current listings in the areas you request that update each morning? I find it to be more updated than some of the real estate search sites.

I would be happy to talk with you to go over your requirements and help you find your dream home in the location you prefer after searching through several areas and becoming familiar with what they have to offer. I work very hard for my clients and enjoy helping them narrow down the choices.

Please contact me at 508 648-0393 or email me at LHagopian@hammondre.com

Lynne Hagopian
Hammond Residential
508 648-0393
LHagopian@hammondre.com
LynneHagopian.MyHammondAgent.com
Hi . . . I'm one of the few agents that understand and enjoy working in a large geographical area. Over the past 20 years I've worked and continue to work from Boston to Worcester and Andover to Bridgewater. I have many, many testimonials and endorsements from past clients and am also an Angies List agent. I'm happy to talk to you about my work as a buyer's agent and, if you like, pass along names and contact information for past and present clients. Feel free to contact me by cell, text or email at your convenience.
Doug Stamm 508-341-0989 or HomeInfoSearch@verizon.net
I highly recommend interviewing a couple agents. We all have cars and I believe most of us have travel well over a 25 mile radius!

Speaking for myself and my company, CENTURY 21 Commonwealth is truly the best of both worlds, that is why I choose to work for them. They have the international cache of a big corporation (in over 38 countries), the collective resources of a regional franchise (we have 18 offices through-out the Greater Boston area) and the personal touch of a small office.

I invite you to come visit any one of our offices and please come and meet me! I am familiar with all 18 offices and have made use of all our resources as I've sold homes in towns like Everett, Winchester, Andover, Wellesley, Newton, Milford and Canton!

You can find me at GreerHomes@gmail.com or visit my website at http://www.HomesWithGreer.com