Home Buying in Ocean Springs>Question Details

Sand, Home Buyer in Texas

What's the best areas to seach for buying a home working at keesler afb, ms? Are the taxes and insurance high for a home buyer?

Asked by Sand, Texas Mon Jun 4, 2012

Answers

3
Jackson County has the highest tax rate. I would recommend Harrison County as an area to look and stay north of I-10 for insurance purposes and for trying to stay close for an easy commute to Keesler.
Taxes are not high but insurance is regardless if you are living there (Homesteaded).
That is really a tough question without knowing more about you, your ideal home, etc. Looking for something cheap and convenient - looking right around the base would be optimal. You could also look in Ocean Springs, D'Iberville, Woolmarket, and even Gulfport near the interstate are convenient for a quick commute.

Feel free to contact me directly. If you can supply more information I will gladly feed you more information. You can also check out my website which happens to be the number one real estate website on the coast and has lots of information on the areas.
Web Reference: http://mscoastrealty.com/